October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the weirdest things I've eaten are: grasshopper, earthworm, house fly x2.
Cooked or straight from the ground?

A big thing my mom used to make when we were little was smalec, which I guess is like reheated pig fat with onion?  She'd always strain off the bacon fat when cooking it and it was delicious!

I don't think I've had anything super weird. 

I've eaten like an entire fish... with the head on it and everything but that's not weird. 

I've had chicken foot soup. that was a little unnerving. my husband (bf at the time) made it for me... it was an experience.

Cooked or straight from the ground?

A big thing my mom used to make when we were little was smalec, which I guess is like reheated pig fat with onion?  She'd always strain off the bacon fat when cooking it and it was delicious!
I don't even eat pork and that sounds delicious. 

Anything mala is usually a good time.

Also, if you can find it, anything Mi Goreng from IndoMie is worth buying in bulk.
Have you ever tried the other flavors?  I'm deeply curious but unwilling to stray from the trusty original...

If I remember correctly, the earthworm was first. When I was younger I was in the Boy Scouts (Eagle Scout here). It was during a summer camp, and we were in that time in during the afternoon where we didn’t have any classes to go to, and dinner wasn’t for a few hours. So somehow or another we had this container with worms in it for fishing. I don’t remember how it came about, but I do remember me wrapping a worm around a stick and roasting it with a lighter while 4-5 other boys watched. By the time I started roasting it with the lighter, everyone knew what was happening, so there was no need for a dare. I did eat it, and it tasted horrible.

Oh thank god.  I was worried I had mentioned one of the forbidden foods when people go "JK...that is not normal food/not what a normal person eats...why?"
8-yo me used to empty a packet of hot chocolate mix on top of ice cream with that magic hardening shell.  And now I want that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back