October 2018 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
still eating lunch need to be entertained spam

also my discover weekly on spotify is pretty great this week... 

@JayKay0914     you grow potato?
Sorry had a mandatory company call and had to listen in.  I don't grow potatoes, personally, but I live on Long Island and personally know a lot of the farmers on the east end due to going to school with their kids.  I also did some summer work with Cornell for their viticulture and potato research (different summers) which means I learned a lot about the processes.

Back to potato talk; I'm a big fan of using new potatoes, just because the skin is so thin and they taste great with parsley (which usually is being harvested around the same time).  If I had to choose, I think my favorite variety of potato is Allegany, due to it's late season yield (aka; I can stock up on them before it gets cold at fairly cheap and they work great in crock pot stews without falling apart).

Back to potato talk; I'm a big fan of using new potatoes, just because the skin is so thin and they taste great with parsley (which usually is being harvested around the same time).  If I had to choose, I think my favorite variety of potato is Allegany, due to it's late season yield (aka; I can stock up on them before it gets cold at fairly cheap and they work great in crock pot stews without falling apart).
Can you make french fries with that?

I-I-Ida-*cough cough cough* Almost choked on my tea.  How dare you!  Idaho and Washington are commercial farmers who do not deal with a ton of variety!  Just keep using the same pesticides over and over again, ruining the soil and creating super-bugs!
I used to think that it was just a stereotype about Idaho and potatoes. Then I visited, and saw lots and lots of potato farms, and the license plates, and realized that it isn't just a stereotype. Been there lots of times... lots of potatoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back