October 2018 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And you can take that exam whenever you want. I think it's 90 in between exams though.

Perhaps this conversation will be a moot point though.
Nothing is a moot point until the results come in.  I was thinking about registering, just to get a jump on it, but then realized I spent all my money on Taco Bell.

So a little story about the first time I took the PE this April. It was the night before the exam and my brother, who is a PE, called me at 1 am. I forgot to silence my phone. He was at a work conference out of town so the fact that he called made me fully awake. I didn't sleep the rest of the night. Turns out he was drunk in a bar and forgot I had the PE then next day. So I took the exam on like 2 hours of sleep because my brother drunk dialed me. Took me quite a while to forgive him for that. 

For the people who are saying they are less anxious this time around - I get it.  I was super depressed the first two weeks, but realized that feeling like that would not be sustainable for the next six weeks.  Work has been keeping me really busy and engaged.  My husband also had several interviews recently so we're waiting to see if he got a job, and that has kept me really invested.  Hard to not think about the exam as we creep closer to the release, but this has definitely been a chiller wait cycle than the previous attempts.

So a little story about the first time I took the PE this April. It was the night before the exam and my brother, who is a PE, called me at 1 am. I forgot to silence my phone. He was at a work conference out of town so the fact that he called made me fully awake. I didn't sleep the rest of the night. Turns out he was drunk in a bar and forgot I had the PE then next day. So I took the exam on like 2 hours of sleep because my brother drunk dialed me. Took me quite a while to forgive him for that. 
Oh man, I'm so sorry :(   That sucks that he drunk dialed you right before the exam! I'd be mad at my brother too if he did that :\

I don't know if this makes you feel better, but I took the exam probably on 4 hours of sleep - was too nervous to sleep through the night.

Yea I was up the rest of the night anxious about the test. Hit me real hard when the study buddy of mine passed the exam and we took the exact same prep courses. For some reason I'm not as anxious for the results this time around. The holidays and college football are a great distraction. 

welp i was devastated when i failed the first time and saw that pass rate of like 76% for first time takers. like W O W. 

never have failed anything in my life btw - i feel like that's worth mentioning. not even thermo!

edit: other than the PE, twice. fml.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a hard pill to swallow to know that you have to start the whole process over again. The structural pass rate for April was 59%, historically it is around 70%. 

If you pass, never let him forget this.

If you fail, NEVER let him forget this.

Hi all, been reading along, figured I should do my small part. Took the exam for the first time, fingers crossed I don't have to take it again. I got my degree in Chemical Engineering, got a job in Mechanical and here I am 14 years later trying to get my PE in TFS. Also I like to bake and do not like to do dishes.

Didn't realize you are a third-timer too @JayKay0914. Yayyyyy solidarity!!!

That is a good point. I will probably bring my depression and angst to this spam thread then if (when) I fail.

I'm gonna be honest, I'm sort of relieved that I'd have to wait a year to reapply. I don't think I have the energy for a 4th attempt so soon.
I’m in the same boat this was my third time. Stay positive we haven’t failed again yet. It’s not happening... we three are passing I have read the tea leaves.  stay strong!!!!!

Tea. Mmm I should get some tea. Our coffee bar actually doesn't suck now.  There is a spiced chai that I like.
We have a spiced chai k-cup that is pretty good.  But I've found a nice brand of black cinnamon tea that tastes good and cold (even when overseeped) and it's only $12ish for 100 packets.  Which keeps me in tea for a good month and a half, if I only drink 3 cups a day.

But I always drink more than 3 cups a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back