October 2018 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about NCEES adopt these procedures

1. Test 

2. Give a raw score two weeks later

3. Cut/off score when its ready 
A few random thoughts:

The FPE is delaying the results this year. There aren't of a lot of takers for that exam. Probably high double digits or low triple.

It doesn't really matter this year though. If FPE wasn't a new exam, going on past precedent, the earliest they would release is this Thursday. Because of Thanksgiving it would likely shift a couple days to this coming Monday. But with FPE having their shit together and scheduling the meeting in advanced, and for the days that they did, it won't really delay things much. Worst case it *might* delay things a single day.

I had a premonition the other night that NCEES released results early.  I logged into my NCEES account and saw that big green PASS. If this vision holds true, I just may be an oracle or something. I had a vision weeks before the exam in which I sat in the exam and had a reference to answer just about any question...which actually came true on test day

Say it with me:

BIG GREEN PASS

BIG GREEN PASS

BIG GREEN PASS!

Then I will retreat into the baking thread and not come out until January, when a majority of the results have been released.  I will stress bake and it will be glorious.

*TOP* YES.  STRESS BAKING WINS ALL.
planning on beginning the stress baking Nov 30

Ah, the dacquoise!

I haven't baked anything in a while... We've been going through the bread that's been stocked in the freezer for a while now. When, oh when will I get to bake again? Maybe next weekend...
It was so confusing!!!!  I've never made anything with a meringue so I was kinda winging it.  It was a huge slab of a dacquoise (for some reason I thought it'd be delicate, but it measured out at around 5"x14" after assembly).  My favorite response was from my cousin who was like, "I've never tasted anything like that in my life" and then took another huge bite while sprawled on the couch.

Yeah, I am lucky because there's been a lot of people in the office, so I've been able to pawn off a lot of cookies.  Haven't done too much bread baking because...well, I don't have a dishwasher, so everything is washed by hand...and I am lazy.

I know it doesn't matter what you get your PE in, as long as you stamp stuff you're competent in, but having my company behind me does really make the difference.  

Wait, why do you have to wait a year to reapply?  What state are you in (I'm curious, since NYS pretty much lets you keep trying until you die for that sweet $$$$).
In some states, the exam and disciple matter wrt what you can stamp. There are 55 different US jurisdictions, and they all have different rules on everything.

I know Maryland makes you wait two years and reapply after three failures. Every state has their own variation on that rule. Rhode Island used to be fail 3x and you're locked out forever, they've since changed.

Oooooooo, what cruise are you going on?  I have one planned for October 2019.  Full-transit Panama Canal (aka; the one cruise I've always wanted to go on).
I don't want to give away too many personal details publicly online, but it's a long one to the southern Caribbean (not ABC) where cruise ships rarely go (think Grenada, Barbados etc) Since this is such a lousey time of year for cruise companies, they'll plan longer trips to more obscure places to entice passengers. A little bit more reward for them vs doing the normal routes and schedules.

Full canal transit is on my bucket list. But I can do that when I'm older so I'm saving it. Limited time off so I prioritize trips to places where its best to do it when you're younger and without children. I've been to all 7 continents and sailed on all five oceans, and a bunch of places where you want to be able survive the travel there, then go "off path" to enjoy it.  It's easy to do those things when young, in good health, and no young ones to take care of.

I did a partial PC transit as part of a vacation a couple years ago.

Yes, I make distinctions between trips and vacations. The cruise next month is a vacation.

In some states, the exam and disciple matter wrt what you can stamp. There are 55 different US jurisdictions, and they all have different rules on everything.

I know Maryland makes you wait two years and reapply after three failures. Every state has their own variation on that rule. Rhode Island used to be fail 3x and you're locked out forever, they've since changed.
Ah, I didn't know that.  I mean, I knew about California not having a Enviro PE and a couple other states having other stamping rules.  But since I am pretty sure I will be in NY for at least the next 5-years (maybe not the specific NY I am in now), I'm not going to worry until I actually have a PE and a stamp.

And Rhode Island sounds tough.  How the hell did they keep the license numbers up with that?

It was so confusing!!!!  I've never made anything with a meringue so I was kinda winging it.  It was a huge slab of a dacquoise (for some reason I thought it'd be delicate, but it measured out at around 5"x14" after assembly).  My favorite response was from my cousin who was like, "I've never tasted anything like that in my life" and then took another huge bite while sprawled on the couch.

Yeah, I am lucky because there's been a lot of people in the office, so I've been able to pawn off a lot of cookies.  Haven't done too much bread baking because...well, I don't have a dishwasher, so everything is washed by hand...and I am lazy.
Nice job! You'll have to post some pictures, if you haven't already...

I don't feel like baking bread takes any more dishes than, like, baking muffins or something... Especially ones you can use a Kitchen Aid mixer for. But what I do more is sourdough that uses, let's see, one mason jar for the levain, two big bowls for making the dough and then letting it proof, and then two bannetons to let the dough retard in the fridge overnight. Oh, and a dough scraper and bench scraper. But doing all these dishes is also spread out over, like, two days, so it really doesn't seem like it's that much.

The cut score meeting is over Nov 29. So there is a non-zero chance the results will come out midday on Nov 30.

Better start stress backing the evening of Nov 29
Good thing I’ll be out on a site visit that day to keep my mind off this fact

I don't want to give away too many personal details publicly online, but it's a long one to the southern Caribbean (not ABC) where cruise ships rarely go (think Grenada, Barbados etc) Since this is such a lousey time of year for cruise companies, they'll plan longer trips to more obscure places to entice passengers. A little bit more reward for them vs doing the normal routes and schedules.

Full canal transit is on my bucket list. But I can do that when I'm older so I'm saving it. Limited time off so I prioritize trips to places where its best to do it when you're younger and without children. I've been to all 7 continents and sailed on all five oceans, and a bunch of places where you want to be able survive the travel there, then go "off path" to enjoy it.  It's easy to do those things when young, in good health, and no young ones to take care of.

I did a partial PC transit as part of a vacation a couple years ago.

Yes, I make distinctions between trips and vacations. The cruise next month is a vacation.
Pffft, of course there is a difference between trips and vacations.  I love going on cruises because if it's a trip with a lot of ports I've done before, I literally just stay on ship, relax, burn in the sun, and actually do a little work (not a ton, but enough that I don't have to use all my PPL).  I like cruises because it's like a moving hotel, but with gambling and guys in speedos who should not be in speedos.  They're as close to all inclusive you can get, which relaxes me a ton, and it's cheaper than getting a hotel at pretty much everywhere.

Totally understand the prioritizing of trips before kids.  I don't see that in my future, not interested, and my family thinks it's really adventurous that I go on vacation by myself.  BECAUSE NOBODY WANTS TO DO THE THINGS I WANT TO DO, THAT'S WHY.  Which has resulted in multiple cross-country horseback riding vacations in Spain and Ireland, a tattoo convention in France, and completing a trans-Atlantic cruise just to see what all the fuss is about.

But since I am pretty sure I will be in NY for at least the next 5-years (maybe not the specific NY I am in now)

And Rhode Island sounds tough.  How the hell did they keep the license numbers up with that?
NYS is a safe one to get the orginal license. NYS has always been one of the harder states to get a license via comity. But most other states will accept NYS licenses without issue (CA, and FL are the big exceptions that come to mind).

RI changed their rules fairly recently. Maybe they were worried about the numbers being so low? For all I know, the original 3x requirement might have been because of something that applied more broadly to all professional licenses?

@matt267 PE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back