October 2018 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got you.  I wasn't a member of EB the first two times I sat the exam, since I was crazy stressed with my old job.  I don't think the jubilant posts will be outside of the main forum (since I think some people literally only stay in there), so the spam thread might live on even though the results may be out already?  Aka; I want to spam until there is no end.
Didn't realize you are a third-timer too @JayKay0914. Yayyyyy solidarity!!!

That is a good point. I will probably bring my depression and angst to this spam thread then if (when) I fail.

I'm gonna be honest, I'm sort of relieved that I'd have to wait a year to reapply. I don't think I have the energy for a 4th attempt so soon.

I will definitely want to stick around the boards after results come out, pass or fail. I definitely enjoy this forum.

I have to be honest though, if I fail, I'll need to take a break.  I don't mean to be a sore loser, but I don't think I can handle the jubilant posts/"The only time I've ever posted to this forum is to brag that I got a 98 on my exam!!!1111!!!" posts a third time.
Those guys suck BTW. We tend to take them down a peg.

I will definitely want to stick around the boards after results come out, pass or fail. I definitely enjoy this forum.

I have to be honest though, if I fail, I'll need to take a break.  I don't mean to be a sore loser, but I don't think I can handle the jubilant posts/"The only time I've ever posted to this forum is to brag that I got a 98 on my exam!!!1111!!!" posts a third time.
I took a long break after April... just congratulated everyone then got lost

Sorry. You won't be able to avoid it.

The only thing preventing the fake results threads is the fact that the Oct 2018 results SF hasn't been made yet.
Then I will retreat into the baking thread and not come out until January, when a majority of the results have been released.  I will stress bake and it will be glorious.

*TOP* YES.  STRESS BAKING WINS ALL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, you have a really enviable and decent strategy. I'm not capable of doing that. Hooray for OCD!
It's not strategy if you'd don't plan it!

09-roll-safe.w700.h700.jpg

Must be nice to have an enjoyable December ! 

I will be stuck in an office with not much work
December is always slow. I call it use/lose, but it's really planned because I don't want to do nothing in December.

It's rarely this early though. But cruises are REALLY cheap early/mid December. So I planned a nice long one to obscure islands for next month. Not that it would matter at my current job, because management is great here!,  but use/lose would prevent mgt from denying me the leave for the trip.

Didn't realize you are a third-timer too @JayKay0914. Yayyyyy solidarity!!!

That is a good point. I will probably bring my depression and angst to this spam thread then if (when) I fail.

I'm gonna be honest, I'm sort of relieved that I'd have to wait a year to reapply. I don't think I have the energy for a 4th attempt so soon.
Yesssssssss.  I am third-timer!  I attempting the PE Civil/Construction the first two times, because that is what my old company was kinda forcing me to do.  My new company is a bit more relaxed and they actually prefer I attempt the Envrio PE, since that is what our company works in (Brownfields/regulatory stuff).  I know it doesn't matter what you get your PE in, as long as you stamp stuff you're competent in, but having my company behind me does really make the difference.  

Wait, why do you have to wait a year to reapply?  What state are you in (I'm curious, since NYS pretty much lets you keep trying until you die for that sweet $$$$).

December is always slow. I call it use/lose, but it's really planned because I don't want to do nothing in December.

It's rarely this early though. But cruises are REALLY cheap early/mid December. So I planned a nice long one to obscure islands for next month. Not that it would matter at my current job, because management is great here!,  but use/lose would prevent mgt from denying me the leave for the trip.
Oooooooo, what cruise are you going on?  I have one planned for October 2019.  Full-transit Panama Canal (aka; the one cruise I've always wanted to go on).

How about NCEES adopt these procedures

1. Test 

2. Give a raw score two weeks later

3. Cut/off score when its ready 
Well it's OBE since they're switching to CBT over the next few years. CBT provides results in 7-10 business days (usually less)

There are a lot of logistical and programmatic reasons why they would want to release everything at the same time; and likewise NOT provide the cut scores.

I have so much I need to add to the thread!  I made cinnamon star bread!  And a hazelnut-almond dacquoise!
Ah, the dacquoise!

I haven't baked anything in a while... We've been going through the bread that's been stocked in the freezer for a while now. When, oh when will I get to bake again? Maybe next weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back