October 2018 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
11162210a0392c5f8aecc4d2f5cd1fbad1.png

JK- I frickin' love that song
Much more upbeat than AND SO THIS IS CHRISTMAAAAAAS.  But I like that one too.  

giphy.gif

Fingers crossed last time I accepted a job hire freeze messed that up and this we may have furlough. 

Much more upbeat than AND SO THIS IS CHRISTMAAAAAAS.  But I like that one too.  

giphy.gif
Sir, I want to buy these shoes for my Mama, please
It's Christmas Eve and these shoes are just her size
Could you hurry, sir, Daddy says there's not much time
You see she's been sick for quite a while
And I know these shoes would make her smile
And I want her to look beautiful if Mama meets Jesus tonight~

MY TEETH ARE CLENCHED AND GRINDING SO HARD.  THIS SONG MAKES ME SO ANGRY FOR SOME REASON.

Wasn't meant to be a joke. Anytime after Monday 10AM EST seems viable.
I think in the original post I was assuming you meant Monday...October 29, 2018 (the Monday right after the exam), and I was like, "The results will be out that fast when bagels stop being the most delicious food"

I think in the original post I was assuming you meant Monday...October 29, 2018 (the Monday right after the exam), and I was like, "The results will be out that fast when bagels stop being the most delicious food"
Yeah no. Even with CBT it won't be that fast.

I actually pre-wrote a bunch of posts for this cycle. I was tired of repeating posts every cycle for when the same gd questions come up. So I decided to consolidate it all. Not sure it mattered...

I just haven't sat down to write the post-exam stages one. It sort of doesn't matter though. Post release, all hell breaks loose, and things happen fast (or slow) depending on the state. Excitement takes over and most readers (who are ghosting anyway) stop caring. That post-release pass stages is mostly just nostalgia for the vets.

Really the only important post-release thread is to tell people not to add PE after their name immediately after they pass. Actual legal and ethical implications there. I wrote that one already.

The post-release fail "stages" post could also be helpful. But I lack the emotional IQ to draft it properly. Luckily someone else almost always does. Ideally it should be a rallying, lift the spirits thing. I'm too factual and sarcastic for the task. For me to write that post, I'd have to post it like "now",, so that it doesn't feel callous post-failure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, how'd that work out? Were you in a different position or group than the layoffs?
yes; it was a multi-discipline thing, but definitely put a damper on my excitement for the new job! 

Yeah no. Even with CBT it won't be that fast.

I actually pre-wrote a bunch of posts for this cycle. I was tired of repeating posts every cycle for when the same gd questions come up. So I decided to consolidate it all. Not sure it mattered...

I just haven't sat down to write the post-exam stages one. It sort of doesn't matter though. Post release, all hell breaks loose, and things happen fast (or slow) depending on the state. Excitement takes over and most readers (who are ghosting anyway) stop caring. That post-release pass stages is mostly just nostalgia for the vets.

Really the only important post-release thread is to tell me not to add PE after their name immediately after they pass. Actually legal and ethical implications that. I wrote that one already.

The post-release fail "stages" post could also be helpful. But I lack the emotional IQ to draft it properly. Luckily someone else almost always does. Ideally it should be a rallying, lift the spirits thing. I'm too factual and sarcastic for the task. For me to write that post, I'd have to post it like "now",, so that it doesn't feel callous post-failure.
You've got too big a heart.  I could def see how the board goes dead after results come out and nobody posts any more "Where are the BLANK state results coming out"-threads.  I am thinking I might stick around after the results, whether I pass or fail, because it seems like there is a pretty cool group of people on the board that are fun to chat with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back