Nutrition, Diet, and Exercise: Notes, Goals, and Resources (these people just keep talking about crossfit)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Road Guy That's amazing the weight loss for your wife and you!  Congrats!  I am def going to look at the air pods.  Seems like the gym that has them has time slots that open at 5:15am and go until like 6:30pm.  I just need to see if they'll let a non-member like me use them.  Plus I like the way your wife looks at a healthy diet!  I haven't been tracking as well as I want, but I'm also more of a 'see where I am right now' with my fitness and weight loss.  I did start limiting dairy in general, but didn't completely cut it out.  Tell her to make an account!  I'd gladly pay money for a once in a while consulting about where I am!

Ill see what i can do, maybe it would help her open up her own shingle on the side-  But she is very normal about food / nutrition.  

But  she was always better in terms of eating than me, but me dragging her out to drink 3X a week when I disliked my job for 2 years took a toll on both of us :(

And I think if you get up every day and do 500 Burgess you could pretty much eat beer and nachos every night!  :D

I think 8 count burpees are the worst.

1. Hands on the ground

2. Jump feet straight back

3. Push up-down

4. Push up-up

5. Kick feet out to sides

6. Kick feet back in

7. Jump feet to hands

8. Jump up in air

Last edited by a moderator:
Dumb question - what is jumping horses? Like those horse raises where they jump racks and barrels?

Google "dressage"
Aka: the exact opposite of jumping. 

I used to do equestrian/hunter (where you were judged more on how pretty both you and the horse looked with jumping, but also ultra correct form) and a little bit of eventing. My mom made me stop eventing since a lot of their jumps are solid/no-fail, too many people got injured, and I think one girl died doing a course. I did polo for a while but got tired of how high-stress it was/I would get so tired swapping horses for each chucker

@Road Guy if you’re talking about horse racing that includes jumping: steeplechase. Those horses are all crazy. Amazing at what they do, but maybe twice as insane as a normal American racehorse

Anyone else seen "The Game Changer" on Netflix? Very interesting but there is just so much **** produced as documentaries these days... I was feeling good about it until they veered off on the whole farming is bad part.. 

I defin am trying to up my vegggies intake but it would take a while to cut out all the meat.

Anyone else seen "The Game Changer" on Netflix? Very interesting but there is just so much **** produced as documentaries these days... I was feeling good about it until they veered off on the whole farming is bad part.. 

I defin am trying to up my vegggies intake but it would take a while to cut out all the meat.
I haven't. But after watching this, I'm not sure how I'll feel about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0zgNY_kqlI

It was interesting, but they kept mentioning that they don't really have enough test subjects to really have a "scientific" method / study.   They just focus on a few individuals who are totally plant based that happen to excel in their sports / but they may just be people who are bad ass at that anyway.

It was interesting, but they kept mentioning that they don't really have enough test subjects to really have a "scientific" method / study.   They just focus on a few individuals who are totally plant based that happen to excel in their sports / but they may just be people who are bad ass at that anyway.
That seems to be the consensus on what I've read.

I just got SECA body composition testing done.

Says I'm 22.8% bf. Ha! Idk about that. Anyone that's seen me in person knows I hardly have any fat. Calipers said 11%. Maybe I just carry fat in other places then where the calipers normally measure.

Test also said I carry more muscle mass on my left arm than my right, which is odd since I'm right handed.

I just got SECA body composition testing done.

Says I'm 22.8% bf. Ha! Idk about that. Anyone that's seen me in person knows I hardly have any fat. Calipers said 11%. Maybe I just carry fat in other places then where the calipers normally measure.

Test also said I carry more muscle mass on my left arm than my right, which is odd since I'm right handed.
I just started measuring my body fat...I’m using the tape measure for now (I know, not very reliable)...I’m at 34% according to that. My goal for now is about 19%. Though I’m more concerned about losing the weight...

It also said I need ~3000kcal to maintain body weight. Yet, I've been ~1800 for the past few months and have pretty much maintained my weight.

Back