NFL 2014

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah that's a constant volume process. i don't see how the volume would change much (excessive Gronk spiking!). anyway, scenario 2 (!) which i think is clearly what happened:

Belichick inflated them in a sauna, NFL tested in a meat locker:

P1: 12.5 psi

T1: 100 F

T2: 0 F

P2: 10.3 psi

there is is. there's that 2 psi. Belichick needs to use this to clear his good name.
I think the volume of the air bladder could change quite a bit. Isn't it just made of rubber?

Edit:

But I agree, it just don't look right.

not sure where inflation of a football falls (constant volume, isentropic, etc.) but for the sake of jockying around on a forum i figured constant volume was good enough. my thought was you could inflate that thing to 30 psi, and yeah you'd see some increase in volume, but a relatively negligible amount. especially when you consider we're really only talking about a range of +/- 2 psi.

*nerdy high-five*

186233413a7fffc8cb24a0ca93577bbf.jpg

New Bad Lip Reading NFL!

:rotflmao:

every time. those get me every time. i absolutely lost it at the whole Cam Newton "once there was this prince and he came from like syria, okay...." thing. also lost it at Romo "oh there's fred. oh and phil."

Belichick seemed sincere and credible in his press conference today.

Brady seemed moderately sincere and semi credible in his press conference today.

my official ruling on Deflategate: i don't give a shit any more. on to football! GO HAWKS!

so what is this with the pro bowl this year? its like picking people for dodgeball in elementary school? (Fat kids and girls picked last)?

I'll be hiding out in the woods of NH until this all blows over/up.

I'm to lazy to research it but I wonder what the patriots record is after one do their many "gates"? Maybe this was all done on purpose like an elaborate rouge. Deflate gate might be the "broken water purifier" on Midway. :)

Back