NCEES Record - system upgrade

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the flip side, as a younger engineer who has set up an NCEES record for future convenience (and because all of that information was already at hand from my PE application process), but is unlikely to use it for several years, the removal of the renewal fee is nice.

On the flip side, as a younger engineer who has set up an NCEES record for future convenience (and because all of that information was already at hand from my PE application process), but is unlikely to use it for several years, the removal of the renewal fee is nice.
Yep, I agree that for anyone just setting up their records account this isn't going to effect them and they'll probably be happy for the changes. That said, given how much NCEES clearly values our thoughts as customers I'd definitely consider just submitting applications the "ol' fashioned way" as needed unless you know you have a lot of states to apply to.

Maybe.  Remember, the State Licensing Boards will want to know your full work and experience history when applying for licensure in additional jurisdictions.  The old method allowed/required you to input those updates annually while they were still fresh in your mind.  With the new system you may go 7 to 10 years before you need your first added licensure.  You will save the $25 annual fee for all those years but then will need to reconstruct your intervening professional history.  And hope like mad that your original data was not lost or corrupted with the database update!.

I am beyond frustrated!!!!!!!! I have tried two different email addresses for a reference and he is yet to receive the request from NCEES system!!!!! The back and forth with the reference asking him if he received it or not is non productive!!!!

I am beyond frustrated!!!!!!!! I have tried two different email addresses for a reference and he is yet to receive the request from NCEES system!!!!! The back and forth with the reference asking him if he received it or not is non productive!!!!
NCEES response...pick a different person   j/k

Last edited by a moderator:
NCEES response...pick a different person   j/k
No kidding.... I started a chat with Keshia Weston and this was her exact response. Just change the name and email if it's not going through.....to someone who will provide me a reference.

After a month or so of back and forth I've finally finished all 9 fields of the record submittal and have transmitted it to a state license board. Hopefully this part of the process goes smoothly.

After a month or so of back and forth I've finally finished all 9 fields of the record submittal and have transmitted it to a state license board. Hopefully this part of the process goes smoothly.
Congratulations! I'm two refs away from mine. One is on vacation and should be back and done tomorrow. The other was hospitalized with an illness - he has the email and said he can fill it out soon, but I haven't followed up.

All of them had provided paper references within the last year.

For NCEES: it's just a one minute thing. And the new system allows you to edit the name and email of the references to our heart's content.... could you do that on paper??? eh? . So whatchu guys complaining about?????? We no understand......bunch of whiners...

From the NCEES Facebook comment section:

Stefani "Stef" Goodenow NCEES

"Please understand that the hardest part is submitting a new application. Once the application is submitted, then the new system takes over and requests electronic verifications from your sources (state boards, references, and employment respondents)."

No, it doesn't.  The state requests display as "pending", and you need to follow up.  Several of my states required me to send them a form and a fee, again, and the system just sat there without letting me know that "pending" meant it was in my court.  And it couldn't contact my references until I could track them down and get email addresses.

In summary, the resulting upgraded NCEES Record system:

1ngxFM.gif

And it couldn't contact my references until I could track them down and get email addresses.
Now all you have to do is a few more things:

1) Keep checking with references until they get the email

2) When they do not, ask them for their private or alternate email addresses

3) Repeat 1

4) Repeat 2

In between check with NCEES if there is any other way to send the reference request form to the reference. Maybe a link? Listen to this reply from them:

1) Your reference is not willing to provide you one

2) Change the name and email of the reference

Well, I'm now down to one reference who has a similar issue of can't seem to get the email... If I actually get this fixed then I can FINALLY submit my application. It's only like a month and a half later than I wanted...

Well, I'm now down to one reference who has a similar issue of can't seem to get the email... If I actually get this fixed then I can FINALLY submit my application. It's only like a month and a half later than I wanted...
Clearly you're doing something wrong as NCEES has indicated this procedure takes only minutes. And the appropriate recourse for a non-responsive reference is to simply find another reference. /sarcasm

:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
OH MY FUCKING WORD!

So, after months of getting this setup I have my final reference. I click "submit for review/transmittal" AND IT THEN LETS ME KNOW THAT MY WORK HISTORY IS PENDING A REVIEW BY NCEES BEFORE TRANSMITTAL!!!!!!!!

WHY THE LIVING FUCK CAN'T YOU HAVE DONE THAT BEFORE?!!? WHY?! DO YOU REALLY THINK THIS ISN'T A PROBLEM NCEES?!?!

(I'm a little upset at their new system if you can't tell...)

OH MY FUCKING WORD!

So, after months of getting this setup I have my final reference. I click "submit for review/transmittal" AND IT THEN LETS ME KNOW THAT MY WORK HISTORY IS PENDING A REVIEW BY NCEES BEFORE TRANSMITTAL!!!!!!!!

WHY THE LIVING FUCK CAN'T YOU HAVE DONE THAT BEFORE?!!? WHY?! DO YOU REALLY THINK THIS ISN'T A PROBLEM NCEES?!?!

(I'm a little upset at their new system if you can't tell...)
WHAT????? OK... I'm still waiting on my final reference (who is recovering from an open heart bypass). So even after that there are many more weeks of NCEES crap before this thing gets transmitted......

And then you have to follow up with the states.  Don't think that the system is doing it.  Click on everything on the Dashboard and double check.

And then you have to follow up with the states.  Don't think that the system is doing it.  Click on everything on the Dashboard and double check.
Thankfully you can do that part while you wait for references so I got that taken care of.

Oh, oh, oh, is it finally done? I don't know! It says "Initial transmittal in progress, additional transmittals available after initial is completed."

I love how even when you're "done" you still have to wait for some unknown reason.

last thing for me - i've been waiting a month for NJ to confirm that I passed the FE. 

But CT already confirmed I passed the PE. 

Back