NCEES Record - system upgrade

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
43 minutes ago, Ken PE 3.0 said: I am on a time crunch with my boss, and I mistakingly told him that this wouldn't be to bad. Boy was I wrong.
Yeah, I have no idea why NCEES does this final work review and why it couldn't be done before submitting.
Or at least concurrently.

I believe that they would have had to purposefully go out of their way to make this more complicated than they did. It should not have to be this complicated. I just went through all of this in December to get a record number in the first place.
I had an old record that was used more than once. I had my account linked with the new myNCEES system. I just paid $75 to have a transmittal sent to Illinois. Now the status on myNCEES reads: " Pending – Migrating your prior existing account " What should I expect to happen next? How long has this stage taken other people? Is this the new software update referenced in the posts above?

On 10/13/2016 at 10:33 AM, Ken PE 3.0 said: I believe that they would have had to purposefully go out of their way to make this more complicated than they did. It should not have to be this complicated. I just went through all of this in December to get a record number in the first place.
I had an old record that was used more than once. I had my account linked with the new myNCEES system. I just paid $75 to have a transmittal sent to Illinois. Now the status on myNCEES reads: " Pending – Migrating your prior existing account " What should I expect to happen next? How long has this stage taken other people? Is this the new software update referenced in the posts above?
I never used the old system but itwas created.

I had to have all my contacts reply to an email the system generated. Then, the migration does not transfer your current employer properly so i had to update all that and have my boss reply to an email. Then NCEES reviews it and transfers it.

It was about a week for my stuff to clear, more hassle than headache. It just seems that it should have been smoother.

I started transferring stuff on the 17th and I have already got a couple of licenses and notification of pending approvals on the rest.

I had to do 10 states in short order due to personnel issues in the office. Fun times!

So you were right, I called NCEES to ask about this status. The lady was not very helpful and was generally apathetic. But she did say it takes 2-3 weeks then they will tell me what they want me to resubmit. But from reading this board, I'm expecting that it will likely be almost everything.

They said 2-3 weeks to me as well, but it only took a week.

Update on my process,

I submitted to 10 states for registration on the week of Oct. 17th. So far, I have received 2 certificates in the mail, 1 notification of acceptance, 2 notifications of certificates in the mail and 1 that I had to buy a stamp to complete the process. Texas, Georgia and Pennsylvania are the hold outs. It should go without saying that Pennsylvania, at this point in time, is in last place per online 'progress' webpages.

Hopefully this will all be completed in short order so I can do actual engineering work. 

I paid to have my record transmitted on October 31. As of today I still cannot transmit my record. I called NCEES to ask what is going on, apparently if you e-mail [email protected] they can help you speed it up. I'm not sure why they decided to with a process that is so labor intensive on their part, but I guess that is a side-effect of being an quasi-government organization. They were able to pass my old work experience through the system (seriously how long dos it take to approve a simple date change?). Now I'm just waiting for my current employment to get approved. It's silly that those can't be submitted at the same time.

I paid to have my record transmitted on October 31. As of today I still cannot transmit my record. I called NCEES to ask what is going on, apparently if you e-mail [email protected] they can help you speed it up. I'm not sure why they decided to with a process that is so labor intensive on their part, but I guess that is a side-effect of being an quasi-government organization. They were able to pass my old work experience through the system (seriously how long dos it take to approve a simple date change?). Now I'm just waiting for my current employment to get approved. It's silly that those can't be submitted at the same time.
I thought the same thing.

On the flip side, I have been issued a license number in 9 out of the 10 states I applied for.

I am still waiting on wall certificates from a couple, but the number is in the system.

C'mon Texas, you disappointed me. I had my money on another state to be the lone wolf.

The process is over. I got an email this morning from Texas. About 8 weeks to get comity in 10 states.

My record was finally completed yesterday. I really believe if I hadn't been e-mailing them, it would've taken another month or more. In any case I was able to send in my application to Illinois.

My record was finally completed yesterday. I really believe if I hadn't been e-mailing them, it would've taken another month or more. In any case I was able to send in my application to Illinois.
It took them that long to update your record? Did someone drop the ball on employment/reference emails?

It took them that long to update your record? Did someone drop the ball on employment/reference emails?
No....it's the new "more efficient" process. Here is the full story.

I had a previous record that they had to "copy over." They pulled in contact info, personal info, who my references were (though the old reference doesn't matter), work experience, and education transcripts. The education transcripts were relatively easy nothing really need to be done. But the process took about 2 weeks. Then I sent out the new professional reference requests. All my references sent it back that day or the next day. My work experience was a different matter. They had the end date of my previous employer as Feb XX. I left in May XX. I had previously submitted forms for my new employer which were not pulled over (started June XX) to present. I added the new employer, the system then said I had a gap from Feb to May, so I had to go back to the first employer and change the date. That had to be submitted for NCEES' review before it could go to my old supervisor for approval even though content didn't change, just date. They told me on the phone 1-2 weeks. After 2 weeks I called again they said they are running behind and it might be another 1-2 weeks, but I could request assistance by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. I sent that e-mail and they were very helpful within a day they completed the review (she said they moved it up in the queue). In the meantime there is no way to submit the new employer for review until the old employer is reviewed, so you go to the back of the line again. My old supervisor confirmed the e-mail within a day and I put my new employer in the queue. So I submitted my new employer at that point, it went in the queue. By this point, I was just e-mailing [email protected], she was very helpful. Then it went to my current supervisor, she couldn't open the e-mail in internet explorer, it kept crashing. So she had to do it from home through Chrome. That got done in a couple days. Then as if that isn't enough, your record then goes back in the queue AGAIN to be reviewed by NCEES before it can actually be transmitted to the state. Again  I e-mailed [email protected] and she was able to bump it up in the queue. 

20 hours ago, Ken PE 3.0 said: It took them that long to update your record? Did someone drop the ball on employment/reference emails?
No....it's the new "more efficient" process. Here is the full story.I had a previous record that they had to "copy over." They pulled in contact info, personal info, who my references were (though the old reference doesn't matter), work experience, and education transcripts. The education transcripts were relatively easy nothing really need to be done. But the process took about 2 weeks. Then I sent out the new professional reference requests. All my references sent it back that day or the next day. My work experience was a different matter. They had the end date of my previous employer as Feb XX. I left in May XX. I had previously submitted forms for my new employer which were not pulled over (started June XX) to present. I added the new employer, the system then said I had a gap from Feb to May, so I had to go back to the first employer and change the date. That had to be submitted for NCEES' review before it could go to my old supervisor for approval even though content didn't change, just date. They told me on the phone 1-2 weeks. After 2 weeks I called again they said they are running behind and it might be another 1-2 weeks, but I could request assistance by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. I sent that e-mail and they were very helpful within a day they completed the review (she said they moved it up in the queue). In the meantime there is no way to submit the new employer for review until the old employer is reviewed, so you go to the back of the line again. My old supervisor confirmed the e-mail within a day and I put my new employer in the queue. So I submitted my new employer at that point, it went in the queue. By this point, I was just e-mailing [email protected], she was very helpful. Then it went to my current supervisor, she couldn't open the e-mail in internet explorer, it kept crashing. So she had to do it from home through Chrome. That got done in a couple days. Then as if that isn't enough, your record then goes back in the queue AGAIN to be reviewed by NCEES before it can actually be transmitted to the state. Again  I e-mailed [email protected] and she was able to bump it up in the queue. 
At least mine wasn't that bad. Geesh. The waiting for the review/next step is total bs. I had to reconfirm my current employer due to the last time they got my paperwork was 8 months ago. But, at least I hadn't changed employers in the interim.

Glad to hear its all done for you.

I had sent in my new employer about a year ago under the old system as well. I had used my record a couple times and none of the boards said anything about that missing, but when they copied it over to the new system, my new employer wasn't there.

Anyone ever seen the questions that are on the experience verification form that is sent to the supervisors at previous/current jobs?

Anyone ever seen the questions that are on the experience verification form that is sent to the supervisors at previous/current jobs?
I'd like to know this as well.  Is the review process very stringent?  So far, I've copied my resume info into all the fields.  I really don't feel like explaining projects.

Back