NCEES Record - system upgrade

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My record finally transmitted. It was stuck in "Initial Transmittal in Progress..." for a few days. I contacted them and within an hour it changed to Transmitted. I guess another system glitch. So if you are stuck there for a few days, contact them so that they can manually push it through...... it is labor intensive.. (no pun intended)...

Now, it appears that my saga with NCEES may be done. Whether or not California receives this transmittal and if/when I will hear anything from them is whole another story......................

reaction.gif

I'm just catching up with this and can't believe what the NCEES did to their Records program! Fortunately I got my last license application out prior to the migration of the data, but I don't see myself using them anymore after this. If they can't support the existing Records holders any better than they have up to this point, then they won't be getting any more of my money.

Don't count on it.  Keep checking the recipient until they tell you they actually got it.
Unfortunately, I don't think that's an option with CA. I just have to send everything in and hope to hear back from them.

A letter of intent to sue is being filed. Want to join?
Errr... I don't want to discount people's frustration with the new system, but you're really trying to sue a company because an optional service they offer isn't user friendly?

On 9/14/2016 at 10:48 AM, automatic said: A letter of intent to sue is being filed. Want to join?
Errr... I don't want to discount people's frustration with the new system, but you're really trying to sue a company because an optional service they offer isn't user friendly?
Yes.

If you want to transfer a license to some states (like Texas) you have to go through nceeeeesssss so it's not totally optional

If you want to transfer a license to some states (like Texas) you have to go through nceeeeesssss so it's not totally optional
Along with a few others. Seems more states are jumping onboard.

A letter of intent to sue is being filed. Want to join?
I'd be interested; what's involved in joining in on this and what would I potentially be dragging myself into if NCEES didn't immediately back down?

Further, what's the goal? If it's just to request money from them then I don't see the point. If it's to force them to revise their system to streamline the legacy account transfer into the new system then I fully approve.

Maybe a voucher for one free exam?
Make it a voucher to pass one exam for free and I might do that. :)

Actually, it wouldn't be a terrible compromise if NCEES left the system the way it is but gave a voucher that paid for all the expenses of transmitting to the first state you desire (including the fees to the state board).

I just started the experience of trying to transmit my record to my first new state.

I was informed, after inquiring, that the migration will be completed in a day but it can take 2-5 weeks to process all new information needed to complete the process.

What was the point of jumping through hoops the first go around in getting a record number?

I just started the experience of trying to transmit my record to my first new state.

I was informed, after inquiring, that the migration will be completed in a day but it can take 2-5 weeks to process all new information needed to complete the process.

What was the point of jumping through hoops the first go around in getting a record number?
Actually the record number changes too.

Back