NCEES Record - system upgrade

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When did you initiate the account linking? Because that takes a number of days to complete. Not quite sure what they actually do in the background during said "linking".
Yeah, mine took about 2 weeks or so. If you honestly ask me I suspect they're manually transferring some things over which (if true) makes it even more baffling that they can't do the same on the references.

I had the link started on June 20th. 

Do I need to actually need to fill out the Record application prerequisites first?

I had the link started on June 20th. 

Do I need to actually need to fill out the Record application prerequisites first?
No. I just initiated the linking by clicking the corresponding website link. A number of days later, the "Purchase Transmittal" button was there. You might want to create a support ticket and start the conversation on what the hold-up is. And I'd be very interested to know what they tell you if you were actually considering a record transmittal with regard to your original references (I believe your record is even older than mine).

I found this today.

Notice for AZ applicants for Engineer and Land Surveyor registration:
The NCEES is no longer sharing your registration verification information from other State Board's with Arizona.  You will need to have your State Board send your verification directly to the Arizona Board of Technical Registration.

Notice for AZ applicants for Engineer and Land Surveyor registration:

The NCEES is no longer sharing your registration verification information from other State Board's with Arizona.  You will need to have your State Board send your verification directly to the Arizona Board of Technical Registration.
What? Does this mean that if you apply with a NCEES record then the record wont even include the verification of licensure in a home state and it has to be sent separately?

Just want to let people know that I can confirm from two people now that SPAM filters can and do grab the NCEES records reference request emails. Definitely let your references know about this to check their spam folders.

According to NCEES - References are a 1 minute thing......... no big deal..
Confirmed. Reached out to my reference today and he still hadn't gotten the email. Had to ask for his personal email and hopefully it goes through this time. What a PITA to go through this twice.......

My state license verifications showed as pending.  When that hadn't changed over several days, I clicked on them.  It turned out that pending meant that it was waiting for me to initiate the verifications, which in a number of cases meant I had to submit payment and forms to states that I had verified less than a year before.

Well, the answer is in. I need to fill out my prerequisites. 

:eek:ldman:

Strange, mine were already filled in for me. The only things I needed were license verification, time gaps, and the questions for applicant section.

So, the recent newsletter from my home state PE board had a little blurb about how neat the new records and continuing education tracking system was and how awesome NCEES is. Think it's worth complaining to my state board, too?

So, the recent newsletter from my home state PE board had a little blurb about how neat the new records and continuing education tracking system was and how awesome NCEES is. Think it's worth complaining to my state board, too?
An email to them might be worthy. Depending on how responsive they are.

Back