Make fun of other designations here thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh shit! I knew i forgot something today. :brickwall:

actually I'm taking it in April. I've been pretty good about studying so far but didnt want to stress out getting ready for October.

confused002.gif

What the heck is John Doe, DM (ABD)?
A "Principal Engineer" at my company has DM (ABD) after his name. He doesn't have EIT or PE, but those letters that tell me if he is calling himself an engineer outside of work, the Texas board should come down hard on him.

BTW, our boards need to step it up a notch on pro-actively investigating and prosecuting non-licensed engineers. Until then, we won't have respect.
It means, Doctor of Management (DM) All But Dissertation (ABD). I got a reply back from the guy today with an explanation.

Maybe I should start including PhD (ABCD) after my name. (ABCD) = All But Classwork and Dissertation.

:multiplespotting:

Last edited by a moderator:
Doctor of Management? WTF is that?

Maybe I should be a 'Doctor of Taking One For the Team" - DTOFT

(As I got my ass handed to me this morning for a screw up within our purchasing department)

It means, Doctor of Management (DM) All But Dissertation (ABD). I got a reply back from the guy today with an explanation.
What a joke. That's kinda pompous if you ask me. My wife is about 6 months away from defending her PhD thesis she is considered a PhD Candidate. She would still list herself as a B.S. right now if it ever came to it, because that's the degree she holds at this point.

Mrs. VTE, PhD all but dissertation one more round of animal experiments a few journal articles a couple meetings with my advisor and any follow up work my committee wants me to do.

Alternately: Mrs. VTE, PHDABDOMROAEAFJAACMWMAAAFUWMCWMTD

Impressive eh?

What a joke. That's kinda pompous if you ask me. My wife is about 6 months away from defending her PhD thesis she is considered a PhD Candidate. She would still list herself as a B.S. right now if it ever came to it, because that's the degree she holds at this point.
Mrs. VTE, PhD all but dissertation one more round of animal experiments a few journal articles a couple meetings with my advisor and any follow up work my committee wants me to do.

Alternately: Mrs. VTE, PHDABDOMROAEAFJAACMWMAAAFUWMCWMTD

Impressive eh?
At that point, do you choose a larger business card, a really small font, or word wrap? :)

I can understand somebody being proud of what they have accomplished, but I don't think "almost there" is much to brag about. Hell, with what some of these people are doing, I should have started putting PESD (PE Some Day) on my cards at my first job out of college.

Jim

Right on brotha. I agree 100%.
A bunch of silly letters after your name buys you 5 minutes of credibility until someone finds out you're a tool anyway.
Benbo, ABOLBIATA (A bunch of letters but I'm a tool anyway)

Back