Make fun of other designations here thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In SC, and EIT is an associate engineer and a PE is an engineer.

I have a BiLo Rewards Card, Ace Hardware, and Books-a-Million card!

Captain Worley, BRC, AH, BAM

Sapper, you get any of those Buffalo or Cougar MRAPs yet? I interviewed a few years back at the plant in Charleston that builds them.

^ That sucks FW, it just sounds pretentious.
How does the order go? There's some ettiquette to it. I think it's degree first, then licenses/certifications. And it's most prestigious first, then down the line. I think? I gotta ask my wife she's an academic who knows all this stuff.

So I'd be: VTE, M. Eng, P.E., M. ASCE

Is anyone here is Tau Beta Pi or Sigma Xi? I'm in them but I don't know of any silly titles you can tack on for it.
I'm "Omicron Delta Kappa"...whatever the hell that is

jfusillo, P.E., ODK (makes me think "Ole Drunk Kid")

National Association of Marlon Brando Look Alikes? :dunno:

NAMBLA2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'll start putting my Hash House Harriers credentials on my card, for impressing the strippers:

Dogleg, RA, TM, MT, FMCH, FMTE, 1kH

Definitions: Dogleg, Religious Advisor, Trail Master, Mammarometer Technician, Full Moon Hash Cash, Full Moon Tyrant Emeritus, 1000th Run Hare.

PE? What the hell is that among those credentials! I'll just leave it off.

at my old job, I was asked to do some stupid shit once, so being a smartass, I printed off some cards on card stock.

I put DVINNY, LWWB

I then handed them to some of the higher ups, and said "here, does this make more sense to ya now?"

LWWB ( Lil' white whipping boy)

last night I got a card that said Name, JD Candidate

So I guess just being in law school you get to at JD (Juris Doctorate) Candidate to you business card??

last night I got a card that said Name, JD Candidate
So I guess just being in law school you get to at JD (Juris Doctorate) Candidate to you business card??
I remember a LONG time ago, some folks who finished all our thier course work for PhD but hadn't completed thier dissertation would use ABD. However, I haven't seen that for a long, long time.

I am wondering if I can use Passed Preliminary Exams (PPE) after my name? But then Dleg probably would think I was trying to dress up in Class A or something .... might be too confusing :laugh:

:joke:

JR

here is an interesting one... I was at a seminar and a speaker had "ABD" behind there name. Not knowing that one, i looked up ABD. It is for a person who hasn't completed there disertation, but has done the rest of the graduate work. "All But Disertation". WTF. I think i'm going to use ABPhD behind my name. or for people who dont have the PE, ABPE.

^^^ Wow .. that is wicked scary to have the same thought at almost the same time :mellow:

JR

Here's a few more seen on business cards in the aviation world:

CFI - Certified Flight Instructor

CFII - CFI - Instrument

MEI - Multi Engine Instructor

MEII - MEI - Instrument

ATP - Airline Transport Pilot

okay here is one for you all to laugh about, & this is from someone from within the engineering profession (This is a copy of their email signature)

XXXXXXX XXXXX, CPSS, CPESC

Level 2 Certified Trainer & Design Professional (2) Level 1 Certified Trainer & Certified Inspector (1B)

Civil Engineer, Engineering Division

Dept of Public Works

__________ (direct) _________(Fax)

email: _______@______

Last edited by a moderator:
Back