Make fun of other designations here thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt think you could be a level 2 deisgn proffessional without being a PE, PLS, PG, RLA, etc?

Thoughts about PMP (Project Management Professional) or the new PgMP (Program Management Professional)?
I definitely frown at the association letters!
That was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread title. If it takes only 30 hours of "training" it shouldn't be after your name on a business card.

We're trying to get a guy in the office a certification from the National Institute of Science, so he can put those intioals behind PE. :D

another email gem:

Joe Blow

Senior Traffic/ITS Designer, TPM

TPM= "Task Package Manager"

a "package manager"? I might be afraid to put that on my email.

^ Yeah he might wanna hold off on using that one.

The little old blue haired lady that works at the service desk at the grocery store in by town has 'guest relations' as the title on her name badge. Now if I were at a hotel that'd be fine, but that's a little pompous for a local supermarket.

I just came across some real gems today .....

Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW)

Nationally Certified Resume Writer (NCRW)

Master Resume Writer (MRW)

Certified Advanced / Expert / Federal Resume Writer (CARW / CERW / CFRW)

No shit - check out Resume Writing Certification

:Locolaugh: :Locolaugh:

JR

Welcome to bigray's certificate warehouse.... if you have $50 in cash - I can get you a handsome wall certificate with the designation of your choice in a fine genuine-imitation wood frame.

Feel free to make up your own designation, we'll even do a certificate for the custom designation of your choice!

-Ray, CCA (Custom Certification Agent)

I just came across some real gems today .....
Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW)

Nationally Certified Resume Writer (NCRW)

Master Resume Writer (MRW)

Certified Advanced / Expert / Federal Resume Writer (CARW / CERW / CFRW)

No shit - check out Resume Writing Certification

:Locolaugh: :Locolaugh:

JR

So can they be sued if their clients don't get the job? Or their money back if they find an error?

Wow, I just saw an article that talked about someone being an 'FET'. Future engineer in training. Are you serious? That sounds like someone who's in high school thinking of majoring in engineering.

Wow, I just saw an article that talked about someone being an 'FET'. Future engineer in training. Are you serious? That sounds like someone who's in high school thinking of majoring in engineering.
FET to EIT to PE?

I'm a FNWMIT - Future Non-Working Millionaire In Training.

What the heck is John Doe, DM (ABD)?

A "Principal Engineer" at my company has DM (ABD) after his name. He doesn't have EIT or PE, but those letters that tell me if he is calling himself an engineer outside of work, the Texas board should come down hard on him.

BTW, our boards need to step it up a notch on pro-actively investigating and prosecuting non-licensed engineers. Until then, we won't have respect.

Last edited by a moderator:
a google search lead to this, looks like some kind of medical term..

From the Department of Pharmacology (M.G., R.N., J.N., S.V., D.P., V.K., D.M., A.B.M., T.V.-Y.), University of Illinois College of Medicine and Center for Lung and Vascular Biology, Chicago; the Department of Molecular Biology (J.M.), Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, and the Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry (Y.T.), Osaka University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan.

Back