Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished “The Witcher” and I liked it. No books, no games...never even heard of it until Netflix. I figured out the timelines pretty quickly with no background so it shouldn’t be too difficult for most people to piece together.

Had a little cold so I spent most of the weekend surfing through the streaming services.. found a nice little gem on Amazon Prime called "Paddle to Seattle"  2 dudes build there own kayaks and paddle down from Alaska to Seattle - was pretty interesting and entertaining (not overly "granola" either + which was a plus)

FINALLY got to start The Mandalorian. 3 episodes in and it is really, really good. All the Jawa and Sandcrawler action I always wanted since I was a kid.

But F--- Disney Plus!  They consider my location "international" and will not allow me to register. I had to get a VPN to get around that, but I probably should have had one before, so I guess all is good. 

Somehow my kid got it for free for being a poor college student - so were mooching - but I don't see much there to keep it other than the mandalorian (if I were actually paying for it)

I agree. I saw an article today that said tons of people are canceling their subscription now that the Mandalorian Season 1 is finished. Isn't there also supposed to be an Obi Wan series?  Any idea when that is coming out?

There is a good deal for people that have Hulu, Disney, and EPSN+. I believe they bundle all three for $12.99/mo.

Oh shit, I'm glad you mentioned that. I just checked and that's what I bought. I didn't realize it. My wife will be excited to learn we have Hulu, she's been asking about it for a while. I can't remember what it was that she wanted to watch on it, though.

Last netflix show: forensic files, because obvs.

Last Disney+ show: The Mandalorian! 

Last Amazon show: Stargate SG-1

Currently watching Fringe on BluRay because it's so dang good. 

Oh shit, I'm glad you mentioned that. I just checked and that's what I bought. I didn't realize it. My wife will be excited to learn we have Hulu, she's been asking about it for a while. I can't remember what it was that she wanted to watch on it, though.

$10 bucks she wants to watch “This is Us”

"The Mandelorian" was great and now that Season 1 is done, they're already reporting that people are cancelling their Disney+ subs in droves. Not terribly surprising.  I for one will continue to pay the exact same amount for Disney+ that I was while I was watching TM....

200.webp

We got our fill of Friends the other night before it left Netflix.

Now we're down to just the Office for the rest of the year unless something good comes out that we can play in the background.

just pulled the plug on netflix again, I always struggle to find a reason to keep it for the full year.

The Witcher S1 on Netflix.  Other than some curious casting, great series and fairly true to the source material.

I lost interest when the witches started to copy the wizard dude from avengers with the time jumps.. I think I have just had enough LOTR / GOT / BS etc..

I lost interest when the witches started to copy the wizard dude from avengers with the time jumps.. I think I have just had enough LOTR / GOT / BS etc..
The portals play a big role in the books.  One of the simpler things they could have done is use time stamps so it wouldn't be as confusing.  Having read the books and played the game it was still a bit confusing to follow as they kept jumping between time periods.

I had to Google "Jaskier" to figure out why they changed Dandelion's name, only to find out Jaskier is the actual Polish name from the books,  and Dandelion was chosen by the translators for no apparent reason. So I'm happy with it now. The character is spot-on
Jaskier actually translates to "buttercup" in Polish.  But the game developers thought that was too feminine for the character, so they changed to Dandelion.

I liked "Fleabag" on Prime.  Not kid-appropriate, humor on the dry side, but I thought it was really funny.  Wish that wasn't the end of the series.  

Back