Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone signed up for the Disney streaming service? I think it goes live tomorrow sometime.
On the radio on the way in this morning, they were talking about all the Disney shows that aren't on the Disney service.  Sounds like a lot of them are still on other services due to existing contracts so they'll be there eventually, but the one DJ was bitching because she was all excited about it and half the stuff she wanted to watch wasn't there.

I really liked Punisher and Daredevil and it sucked those died off, not sure if Disney is going to retool them?

We may give it a whirl for a month since it seems Netflix is on the decline (or from what we are watching) 

Also we watched a little bit of working moms, kind of funny but I cant see past that chic who had the botched plastic surgery on her lips - serves as a good reminder to just stick with the body you got, cause she was probably attractive before her lip implants or whatever it was that went wrong..

Also, BoJack Horseman, but I only watch when Mini-Tex is watching.  It's sad and funny at the same time.

Season 2 of "The End of the F***king World" is out.  So far so good, we're about 6 episodes in (they're short).

And I don't know how I'd never heard of this show, but "Room 104" on HBO (available on-demand) is pretty entertaining.  Granted, some episodes are better than others, but it has a very "Black Mirror" feel to it, albeit in half hour episodes.  Each one is a totally different story, but they all take place in the same hotel room.  

I just realized the assassin dude in Jack Ryan is also the assassin leader from GOT. “ a girl is no one” dude....

Finished Season 2 of Jack Ryan - pretty good, though the ending felt a bit rushed to me.

Yeah I think they could have made it 10 episodes at least?

But I liked it and I like they picked up Michael Kelly from House of Cards - he fit the role well.

My older kid got Disney + and we all watched some of it. I feel like most parents already own most of these movies if they have kids and most of us probably already own the Star Wars movies-maybe they will have some “original content” or more than last and the trump and the stars wars show... down the road...

“The Mandelorian” has been really good so far. I’m sure I’m missing all kinds of tie-ins to the movies. Only bad thing is getting spoiled with Netflix and Amazon releasing entire series. Having to wait for a new episode every week sucks. 

I watched most of the 1st episode, liked what I saw but I didn't realize they were not releasing the full season - that sucks!  But maybe in return it will be more than 10 episodes?  Or the Amazon 8?

i started watching "Happy Ever Whatever"  on Netflix, I have really enjoyed it,  Dennis Quaid, grouchy dad of 3 adult girls and 1 son who try to get through a Christmas together

Watched 7 of 8 episodes of The Witcher on Netflix. 

Like any show or movie based on a book I have read (or 8 books and a 200+ hour videogame, in this case), I am having a hard time telling if it is good or not. It skips over so much detail and nuance that was in the books. The production value is great. The fight scenes are very well done. But I just can't tell if it's good or not.

Also FYI, waaayyyy too much nudity, sex, blood and gore for kids to watch.

I haven't read the books but have played the game, and still like it.  I am having a hard time adjusting to their casting choices for Yennefer and Triss (ESPECIALLY Triss), both for looks and personality (the game really sets up Yennefer as a stone cold bitch, and the current Yen just isn't hitting the mark).  I had my doubts about Cavill as Geralt, but I think he's great in that role and really nailed the personality/nuances. I think the actor cast as Jaskier was spot on, too.

The biggest complaint I keep hearing from people is that the timeline is confusing, but I thought after a few episodes it was pretty clear that we were talking about multiple converging timelines, one short vs. one decades long.

I suspect the following seasons will really pick up the pace and Netflix will take the season 1 feedback to improve upon it, so I'm really looking forward to it. 

The timeline thing won't be an issue in future seasons,  because they all converged at the last episode. 

I like the movie Yeneffer. Shes6more like the book  character.  I never understood the hate for her from gamers, because of my having read the books.

Yeah I  having a hard time adapting to Triss. But I'm trying my best to be open minded.

I had to Google "Jaskier" to figure out why they changed Dandelion's name, only to find out Jaskier is the actual Polish name from the books,  and Dandelion was chosen by the translators for no apparent reason. So I'm happy with it now. The character is spot-on. 

So, as planned, we watched Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale. It's available with commercials for streaming on Crackle.

It was really quite enjoyable! Unlike any other Christmas movie I've ever seen. It wasn't super scary,  but was definitely a horror/sci-fi/fantasy take on a dark Santa. It was very engaging!

Back