Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not been watching Netflix.  I've recently been introduced to longplays on youtube.  I've been watching someone play through Zelda BotW the past week or so?  It's great because I get to watch the video game get played, but without someone ranting about getting killed or talking throughout.  Def reminds me of when I was little and I'd watch my older siblings play video games.

Anyone gonna try this Apple TV? For 5 bucks - May take a month break for
Netflix and see if it’s any good? I think it also includes Disney’s service?

No licensed content for $5/mo, so only Apple "originals".  When their ad touted "big names like Oprah, Steve Carell, and Jennifer Aniston", I decided to pass.

I used my stupidly long flights to/from Canada last week to finish Seasons 2 and 3 of Sneaky Pete.  I really enjoyed the series, and am super pissed that Amazon cancelled it.  They make hot garbage with Miley Cyrus in it, but the fast-paced genuinely intriguing shows are the ones that get cancelled?  The show has a 96% on Rotten Tomatoes FFS!

Watching Train to Busan. It's a Korean zombie film that's pretty good. 
A fucking fabulous film.  Have you watched the director's second live-action, "Psychokinesis"?  Same ridiculous semi-wacky idea that doesn't sound like a good movie, that is pulled off great.  Just got added to Netflix and I loved it.

Last edited by a moderator:
that sucks about Sneaky Pete - I also really liked it, but this last season sort of had me wondering how much longer they could have "good" material.

that sucks about Sneaky Pete - I also really liked it, but this last season sort of had me wondering how much longer they could have "good" material.
I think they could have had at least 1 more solid season out of it.  Tie things up with him and Julia, out himself to the family, and square things away with his ex.  

No licensed content for $5/mo, so only Apple "originals".  When their ad touted "big names like Oprah, Steve Carell, and Jennifer Aniston", I decided to pass.

I used my stupidly long flights to/from Canada last week to finish Seasons 2 and 3 of Sneaky Pete.  I really enjoyed the series, and am super pissed that Amazon cancelled it.  They make hot garbage with Miley Cyrus in it, but the fast-paced genuinely intriguing shows are the ones that get cancelled?  The show has a 96% on Rotten Tomatoes FFS!
Like @Supe said.  The current Apple content looks like garbage.  I'd prefer to wait and pay for Disney or something.

but don't you get Disney with the apple tv? - that was the only reason I thought it might be worth having for the holidays.. (for $5 bucks)

I think Netflix needs to pull a rabbit out of its hat cause I don't see much of anything good coming out of there?

& it would have been good for them to close out sneaky Pete with coming out to the family and such - it would have been money better spent than most of what's on Amazon lately-

Although I do like Goliath - but someone watch this new season and tell me if there are still cutting peoples arms, legs and tongues off - the ending to season 2 still sort of freaks me the F out..

but don't you get Disney with the apple tv? - that was the only reason I thought it might be worth having for the holidays.. (for $5 bucks)

I think Netflix needs to pull a rabbit out of its hat cause I don't see much of anything good coming out of there?

& it would have been good for them to close out sneaky Pete with coming out to the family and such - it would have been money better spent than most of what's on Amazon lately-

Although I do like Goliath - but someone watch this new season and tell me if there are still cutting peoples arms, legs and tongues off - the ending to season 2 still sort of freaks me the F out..
To my knowledge, there are no ties between Apple TV and Disney +.  Apple is banking purely on "original content".  

At last glance, Netflix content is doing OK.  They've released several horror type shows or movies now that Halloween is coming up.  Peaky Blinders is back too, as is Big Mouth.

I think the only Prime Originals I've liked have been Sneaky Pete, Jack Ryan, and Bosch.  I'm amazed at how they've totally squandered some good actors with terrible writing, like that show with Ron Perlman.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm kinda hoping for a bit of a streaming war from all these random channels attempting to make their own streaming channel (Apple, NBC, etc.).  I mean, I personally am not going to stream a channel for a specific show (like The Office or Friends).  This'll just start making "illegal" streaming/sharefile/LimeWire big again, so nobody can make money anymore.  I'm wondering how much channels were making when they streamed on Netflix and if it's worth it for the network to make its own channel?

if I owned Comcast / Time Warner I would go back to making cable $35 bucks a month and put a dent in all the demand for streaming - I defin think Netflix content is down - saw a thing on Motley Fool that they are on track to lose 10 Million subscribers this year or something.. I only have amazon for prime - which is like a crack addiction for our family..

I bet they don't even give Ozarks another season

if I owned Comcast / Time Warner I would go back to making cable $35 bucks a month and put a dent in all the demand for streaming - I defin think Netflix content is down - saw a thing on Motley Fool that they are on track to lose 10 Million subscribers this year or something.. I only have amazon for prime - which is like a crack addiction for our family..

I bet they don't even give Ozarks another season
I think Ozarks will be back.  They had three Emmy nominations in addition to a win for best supporting actress (Julia Garner, the blonde trailer park girl, who beat out 4 GoT nominees), which garnered some additional attention.

meant to say...…….. after the next season. I cant see much more material - its very similar to bloodline and they called it quits 4 episodes into season 4

Working Moms. So good... the complexity of the characters' emotions is realistic. Some of the life logistics are not but if you ignore it and just take in the story, it's pretty good. It's like Sex and the City but with marriage and kids. Think... Miranda spin-off.

HBO OnDemand - The Righteous Gemstones. If you liked Vice Principals, this is right up your alley. Anything Danny McBride and Walter Goggins is a winner.

Back