Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched the Rain. I always liked post apocalyptic movies and tv shows but the premise of this one was pretty weak and unrealistic. This coming from someone who likes zombie movies. 

I watched most of AI (the one with Haley Osmond).  Just got too weird and I couldn't finish it.  TBH, the whole thing was pretty creepy and twisted.

Started watching "Safe" on Netflix.  Not bad once you get past Dexter's terrible fake British accent.
I watched the first two episodes of season one last night. The verdict is still out on it for me. The "process"" is interesting but not sure what direction the show will take once that part concludes and they go "off shore". 

finished up Safe - thought it was pretty good - one of the few where the plot didn't jump out as ultra obvious early on - I still cant tell what the guys role is who is helping the dad look for this daughter? (don't recall his name) but it would be weird to me if my daughter called some random friend of mine for a ride home from a party (unless they discussed that early on and I missed it)

finished up Safe - thought it was pretty good - one of the few where the plot didn't jump out as ultra obvious early on - I still cant tell what the guys role is who is helping the dad look for this daughter? (don't recall his name) but it would be weird to me if my daughter called some random friend of mine for a ride home from a party (unless they discussed that early on and I missed it)
He's Dexter's BFF and doctor coworker.

Not Netflix, but I watched Full Metal Jacket last night on Prime.  Truth be told, I only watched the first 45 minutes of FMJ.  The first 25 minutes are simply epic, the next 20 get dark, and the remainder of the movie is meh.  

Full_Metal_Jacket_poster.jpg

I had to watch something a little more light-hearted after.  So Back to School was the chaser I needed.

MV5BMTYxMTIyOTM1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzQ0MTcyNA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,659,1000_AL_.jpg

Favorite scene... "Well now you do."  :tv:

Never saw FMJ but I've seen BTS numerous times.  Classic Rodney.

FMJ has more classic one-liners than any other movie I've ever seen.  At the same time it's also dark and disturbing.  Overall a really good movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who was the first customer at the bar on the show cheers? 

- got bored and watched a few episodes - if you were born before 1980 it's defin worth watching the first few minutes...

I was born before 1980 but I don't remember the details of the first episode.  My vote would be for Norm.

don't get the movie reference but if it's not Norm than I'd guess Cliffie.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Original Vacation movie - one of Eddies kids -

(maybe it was just interesting to me) ;)

but he is an underage kid trying to buy beer and Sam doesn't serve him - its kind of funny also sort of funny through the first few episodes Cliff is not a huge character and someone that apparently most people at the bar despise

I'm I think 4 or 5 episodes into Season 2 of TRW and am not sure what I think about it yet.

Its basically now just a teen type show?  I did end up watching it (like watching a train wreck you cant look away)

I think they are way overgeneralizing HS stereotypes with athletes, coaches giving them clean piss, etc. I mean especially the baseball team? no one gives a fuck about the baseball team!

Back