Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finished up S2 of Daredevil, I think had it not been for the insertion of the punisher character, it would have been pretty slow. I don't know how many one person versus 20 ninja scenes I could make it through.. although I really like the Elektra character :D

We started Twin Peaks (the original series) on Netflix last night. The fiancé fell asleep for the last half hour or so of the opener (it was 1.5 hours long), but was interested while he was awake, and I liked and stayed awake for the whole thing. I'm interested to get into more shows on Netflix as opposed to movies, so we have a default of something to watch when we don't have anything specific in mind and don't want to spend forever deciding what to turn on.

Please no spoilers from those watching the remake! Thanks!

Now to teach the google home mini how to cast specific episodes of a show on Netflix just by telling it to. It can do movies fine, and can cast shows from a phone or laptop or tablet fine, but we weren't able to just tell it to play it. Though it it admit itself that it does not yet have that capability.

I started watching The Ranch this week. I thought it kinda funny seeing Danny Masterson during one episode asking girls if they were Seniors.

Lots of good Colorado references in that show, but it seems they are pretty much out of material

finished up S2 of Daredevil, I think had it not been for the insertion of the punisher character, it would have been pretty slow. I don't know how many one person versus 20 ninja scenes I could make it through.. although I really like the Elektra character :D
Yep. We just finished Iron Fist and Defenders - same thing. So much Kung Fu and overwhleming odds that I just kind of tuned out for most of it.

Jessica Jones and Luke Cage were both pretty decent, though.

Not sure what to go for next. We started Altered Carbon, and it looks cool, but the first episode was a little hard to follow. I haven't watched any more because I don't feel like I have the attention span necessary for it right now.

I actually found myself fast forwarding through the ninja scenes

So is this new Jack Ryan on Amazon going to be a movie or a series? Could be a pretty good one as a series. But I have not been able to follow along with some of amazons shows. The Man in the High Castle is just so incredibly slow, its almost too slow to be categorized as slow..

But I really liked Sneaky Pete - I recommend that one if your scouting around looking for something to watch

Just started watching Altered Carbon on netflix.  It's pretty good if you don't mind seeing so boobies.

The bad thing about this amazon fire stick is the god dam remote is so small I have to spend 20 minutes to find it to see some
Boobies!!!!

The bad thing about this amazon fire stick is the god dam remote is so small I have to spend 20 minutes to find it to see some
Boobies!!!!
I want to punch whoever put the home button above the play/pause button.

Not on Netflix, but we've been watching "Forged in Fire" on the History Channel.  Blacksmithing show where smiths have 3/6 hours to make a knife from various hunks of metal.  Even the wife has become addicted to that show.

I like that show too, though I wonder where they find some of these guys.

not on Netflix, but we started watching HBO's John Adams on Amazon this weekend. My son brought home some rather intensive US History homework that I had to help him with, and it got me interested in trying to watch this, and to try to get him to watch it and maybe generate some interest. Well it was a total failure at generating interest in a 14 year old boy, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit.  Although (so far) it's not real heavy on battle action, there was a really cool CG scene of Boston being shelled by the British fleet, seen from Adams' farm across the harbor .  Excellent visual and sound effects.  Mostly the show is about the Big Ideas behind the revolution, though, which is pretty cool. 

I guess that's why they make them turn in their weapon when they lose...

we used to binge watch that show before we ditched cable, the demonstrations on the dummies was a little weird..

For Valentine's Day, my wife got me a Man Crate, http://www.mancrates.com/.  She got me a beard kit once before.  This time she got me the knife making kit.  Steel is already done, don't have to try and do any DIY forging on the gas grill, but you have to build it from there.  Kind of like starting at the 2nd challenge on FIF, taking my blade and making a fully functioning knife.

kmk-knife-making-kit_gift_for_handy_man.jpg

Watching Office re-runs (sans Michael Scott) in my hotel this week. Some I hadn't seen before but they just aren't funny like they used to be. There are some funny moments but not the same.

Back