Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My littlest one is starting his last semester of college this September. I don't think I have to go for parent/professor orientation or monitor any of his classes, but I should check. times they are a changin'

Last edited by a moderator:
Today is the first official day of school! Minisnick was so excited was going to get to ride the bus to school.

It was surprisingly obivous which kids yesterday at orientation had SAHM/SAHDs.
The SAHM/SAHD's become more and more obvious as the kids get older. Typically, both the parents and the kids are crying their eyes out over the fact that they'll be apart for a mere 7 hours, and because "they're growing up so fast". Meanwhile the rest of us are celebrating the fact that we're no-longer relying on expensive baby-sitters or daycares...

My oldest starts VPK on Monday at their daycare. I don't think we need to do anything different like the observation hours, I'm sure not planning on it. I'm just excited because the state pays for the VPK part of the day my daycare bill went down $50 a week.

Today is the first official day of school! Minisnick was so excited was going to get to ride the bus to school.

The SAHM/SAHD's become more and more obvious as the kids get older. Typically, both the parents and the kids are crying their eyes out over the fact that they'll be apart for a mere 7 hours, and because "they're growing up so fast". Meanwhile the rest of us are celebrating the fact that we're no-longer relying on expensive baby-sitters or daycares...
THis is a mere 2.75 hrs of separation for pre-K...not even a full day

geeze...we go to the park and the kid has come home with more bumps and bruises. Noticed last night minisnick has a nice friction burn on his lower spine from the slides...he was laying down on his back like a rocket to go down. Now it makes sense of why he held his back when he got off the slide. He also manged to pinch the side of the bicep on the swing so he has a blood blister

this kids is bigger klutz than I am...and thats sayign something.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I started the "Expecting" thread when I joined, as my wife was expecting mini-Buff at the time, and I had some questions. Fast forward 2.5 years, and mini-Buff is now a little kid. I can't believe how fast she grows up/absorbs things. We don't really have a place to brag about our kids, express their achievements, etc. I put forward this thread to unabashedly brag about our kids achievements, whether they be 1 month or 30 years old. For instance, tonight, my daughter smelled something burning in the kitchen, and said "That's stinky. Use some spray!"(meaning the Febreeze) I told her we didn't need to, because it would go away. She asked how, and I told her "it will dissipate; that means it will go away." She immediately repeated the word dissipate to me. I know it's a little thing, but it's a big word, and she knew what it meant. How about your kids?
FL, I think our kids came about 4 days apart back in 2008. Can you believe they are now Kindergarteners? My little girl started yesterday. Here she is with her older brother.

IMG_4684.jpeg

Exactly. We were worried yesterday just because our little girl had never ridden on a school bus before, but she practically jumped up the steps, sat down, and gave us a wave. Huh, we thought. Guess she'll be ok!

She got on the bus even faster this morning. So fast that she forgot her water bottle. Had to run it up to the school. What a mad house! A bunch of SAHM's not wanting to let go.

Scary to think that junior starts first grade next week.

Thankful everyday minisnick got accepted into the school district pre-k program so it is free...other than the fact I pay property taxes for the school district. The other structured programs were crazy like $60-80/mo (for only 2 or 3 days of 2.5hr each od those days) with $75 registration fee, on top of the daycare cost that would have sucked.

One of my neighbors is a SAHM and her daughter is now ~9mos old. She was saying the other night that she's worried her daughter is developing separation anxiety because she had to leave her daughter behind to go car shopping for 3 hours...

So, I started the "Expecting" thread when I joined, as my wife was expecting mini-Buff at the time, and I had some questions. Fast forward 2.5 years, and mini-Buff is now a little kid. I can't believe how fast she grows up/absorbs things. We don't really have a place to brag about our kids, express their achievements, etc. I put forward this thread to unabashedly brag about our kids achievements, whether they be 1 month or 30 years old. For instance, tonight, my daughter smelled something burning in the kitchen, and said "That's stinky. Use some spray!"(meaning the Febreeze) I told her we didn't need to, because it would go away. She asked how, and I told her "it will dissipate; that means it will go away." She immediately repeated the word dissipate to me. I know it's a little thing, but it's a big word, and she knew what it meant. How about your kids?
FL, I think our kids came about 4 days apart back in 2008. Can you believe they are now Kindergarteners? My little girl started yesterday. Here she is with her older brother.
MiniBuff 1 starts kindergarten next Wednesday. She'll be riding with Mrs. Buff every day, as MiniBuff will be attending the same school that Mrs. Buff teaches at.

Miz1 is starting pre-K and is loving it. His birthday is late August, so he gets held back a year. He is the oldest kid in pre-K by at least 3 weeks. we tour the schools around the area in October, debating between public and private. I don't think SWMBO knows how much private is in the area, I have a vague idea, but its one of those things if you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Miz2 just turned 2, but acts 5. He is our biggest challenge because he loves to "help". God bless him for at least putting forth the effort, but I don't know how many times he just about pulled a cutting board on his head.

Back