Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12:00 am vomit drills never get old. Time for bed again. 

Congrats!!!!!!!!  There's a lots of babies in the april/may time frame lately in my part of the world.  and thankfully none of them are me!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! If any of the other attempts had worked I would have been balancing taking care of a new born while studying for the PE. I know others have done it but not 100% sure I would be one of them. Timing worked out great.

My daughter just turned 3 but she's in the Pre-K class (4 year olds) and doing awesome! She can read books and write her entire name. Other kids only write their first name. I'm a proud mama :)  

What? No calculus yet?  :p
Haha! Omg I wish! Maybe should could help me with PE prep! lol

I am so anxious to teach her math but since she's learning how to read, I don't want to overload her. And actually it would be great to get some pointers on teaching the little ones how to do math at an early age! She has a good grasp on numbers and time. I'm going to introduce measurements to her next (through baking of course). 

I am so anxious to teach her math but since she's learning how to read, I don't want to overload her. And actually it would be great to get some pointers on teaching the little ones how to do math at an early age! She has a good grasp on numbers and time. I'm going to introduce measurements to her next (through baking of course). 
Or you could scare her from math completely and she becomes an art major. :p

I would say make math part of her everyday conversation. Like help with cooking, telling time, using a calendar, etc. 

For the first week of their 4th term, kids in years 5 & 6 (US grades 4&5) go on a 4-day camping trip. My son did it last year (year 6) and now my daughter got to go this year (year 5). Took her to school on Tuesday with her gear and sent her on her way. She was so excited about going that she's had her gear packed for a week, and wanted to start earlier than that. Everything was going well until her second day when we got a call from her teacher saying something's come up. Nothing to worry about, just that she had her first visit from Aunt Flo...  I couldn't begin to imagine how she was feeling. She tried to stick it out, but a few hours later her teacher called again and said she wanted to come home. Mrs Dex had already started having those "your body is changing" talks with her, so it wasn't completely out of the blue, but they stayed up late last night going through more of that stuff.

Shit. Why to kids have to grow up so fast? I was just looking through some of my older Facebook photos and saw some of her from when she was just a few years old. It's even harder because it's something that I can't really help with.   The joys of parenting.

Dex, you have family in town? Aunt Flo? Oh, wait, nevermind.

minisnick is rocking rocket math (daily timed math problems)  got through all the addition and is just blazing through the subtraction.  I told him subtraction is easier than addition.  His daily goal has changed from needing 19 to 21 correct.  He has been getting in the upper 20s/lower 30s since starting subtraction.  as quickly as he is working through them I am not sure what will happen when he gets through the 17 or so remaining

Back