Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is in Idaho. Idaho must not care as much!

It's her first one so that's very likely. 
its new law, within the last couple years.  our daycare runs a preschool program too.  they had all sorts of new you must not have, when their license was up for renewal.  

even for pre schools that do not take any state money? seems like its really none of the states business to me..

even for pre schools that do not take any state money? seems like its really none of the states business to me..

It may be a licensing requirement - I know ours was pretty specific on what was allowed.  Licensed providers can charge more also. 
I think this is the case.  For the price private preschools were charging I sure wouldn't want to pay that price for them to watch TV.  

A couple yrs ago, the preschool program through one of the local churches was charging $65 a week for attending 3hr sessions twice a week.  Plus a $75 registration fee, plus a $20-25 monthly snack fee.   On top of my daycare costs this was a no go.  The school district pre-k starts at age 3, is free (no registration fee like K-12).  The daycare includes their pre-school offering in their daycare since it is essentially what they do with the daycare kids during the school yr.  So until snickette is old enough for the district pre-k that is the preschool she will do.   

I just don’t think it should be up to the state to tell a private day care what to do. That should be between the people paying for the day care and the owners.  Don’t like that day care then don’t go to it.. We used to shell out big $ for day care and it was probably 100X better than what we even got in  state run Kindergarten.

But kids are kids so while I don’t want them parked in front of a TV all day (& I doubt that really happens all that much) there is some use of watching movies as reward at the end of the day and  other times it would have a benefit.

Looking at first day of school pics from last yr to this yr, it is VERY obvious how much minisnick has grown...like 4-5 inches.  also lost some of the baby face

are they both still home?  I still seem to pay even though he's employed.

congrats to both of your kids. Welcome to the working world

congrats Freon!

Just having two of my kids working part time is helpful as they are not always hitting me up for $$$ for the stupid shit teenagers like to spend money on

too funny, when we eat sushi mr snick will mix the wasbi in with the soy sauce.  We had snickette try it last night, she dipped her shrimp and tried it went Yummy and dipped it again.  The girl likes her spice

Our family has adopted @matt267 PE's daughter fungi joke as our new favorite joke. Yesterday though, we came across a possible contender.

Q: What does a nosy pepper do?
A: Gets jalapeno business!

That's one of Junior's favorites.  I have to combat it with the Nacho.

Minisnick has lost 2 teeth in like the previous 48 hrs along with the SLLLOOWW entrance of his adult teeth his mouth looks like he went a round with mike tyson.  A friend posted a good comment it looks like is tongue is in jail when he smiles.  

Back