Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 10 y/o starts 5th grade on the 30th. I hate the school year. We're just getting her bitch attitude in check. Once she starts school again, the attitude comes back. The baby turns 1 on the 11th. She's started throwing tantrums already.

Sometimes I don't like kids.

snickette is like a little ferret...she goes into my purse and takes things out.  THe usb thumb drive i keep in my purse is not there this morning when I went looking for it.  She will to the same thing will the change in my wallet.  she hasn't gone after the money bills yet though

snickette is like a little ferret...she goes into my purse and takes things out.  THe usb thumb drive i keep in my purse is not there this morning when I went looking for it.  She will to the same thing will the change in my wallet.  she hasn't gone after the money bills yet though
Have you had to sift through dirty diapers looking a usb thumb drive yet? 

And no, I don't "babysit" my kids. That's what the TV is for. 
 Grrrrr....when someone says "I have to babysit my kids this weekend"  No, you have to parent this weekend. 

nope.  she grabs things and puts them in her purses.  so i just have to look through her stack of purses.   
OMG the purses.  I swear my mini me is going to be a hoarder or a bag lady.

Grrrrr....when someone says "I have to babysit my kids this weekend"  No, you have to parent this weekend. 

OMG the purses.  I swear my mini me is going to be a hoarder or a bag lady.
Mine is a purse, shoe, jewelry -aholic...but if you put her in a dress she will throw her self to the floor in an tantrum.  If she has pants or shorts on under it however she is fine.  Tights don't count as pants though.  so i have to remember to put the pants on first, then it is just shirt not a dress

Completely with you @matt267 PE.  Mini-Ram is in a summer camp now and has started developing some bad behaviors - hitting, mini-tantrums.  We had worked on him and gotten him out of this type of behavior when he started school earlier but now he's with older kids and it's starting again.  Sometimes my one kid drives me crazy...

Mine is a purse, shoe, jewelry -aholic...but if you put her in a dress she will throw her self to the floor in an tantrum.  If she has pants or shorts on under it however she is fine.  Tights don't count as pants though.  so i have to remember to put the pants on first, then it is just shirt not a dress
Mine will wear dresses, sometimes. She also thinks that tights are appropriate as pants.  (!!! Dude, I can totes see your butt- not pants!) She won't wear jeans.

Pros/cons of Montessori for preschool? Planning to transition to public school for kindergarten and beyond. Current preschool watches lots of TV. Asking for a friend. 

Pros/cons of Montessori for preschool? Planning to transition to public school for kindergarten and beyond. Current preschool watches lots of TV. Asking for a friend. 
How can it be a Montessori if it's only one grade?

AFAIK, all pre-schools are Montessori "style" by grouping kids of roughly the same aptitudes (potty trained, crawling, walking, etc), but they're really isn't much separation for the older kids because the requirements for public Kindergarten is the same across the board.

How can it be a Montessori if it's only one grade?

AFAIK, all pre-schools are Montessori "style" by grouping kids of roughly the same aptitudes (potty trained, crawling, walking, etc), but they're really isn't much separation for the older kids because the requirements for public Kindergarten is the same across the board.
Idk. She just mentioned she was trying to decide what to do. I asked my mom and she said lack of structure could be hard to transition from during grade school but pre school might be ok? Maybe it is just Montessori style. I thought that it sounded like a good change of pace from her current preschool and didn't think it would hurt to change it up and experience different learning styles? But I'm not a parent so I always worry about having an opinion. 

Latest posts

Back