Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
holy cow!!!  baseball bats are EXPENSIVE!!!!  minisnick needs a new bat for baseball since he upgraded from tball to machine pitch.

Why does everyone invite Mushroom to their birthday party? 

Because he's a fun-guy.

-Corny joke of the day from my hippie daughter. 

holy cow!!!  baseball bats are EXPENSIVE!!!!  minisnick needs a new bat for baseball since he upgraded from tball to machine pitch.
when My kids were in Little League I bought them a $200 bat.  I got kind of annoyed when during games everyone would use it.  similarly he played catcher so I bought him all good quality catcher's gear.  Next thing I know whoever is playing catcher is wearing his stuff because it was better than the league supplied stuff.  I didn't want to be a jerk and raise any issues, but the other kids wouldn't care and beat the heck out of it.  I tried to tell my son to keep it in his equipment bag when he wasn't using it, but the kids would just go in there and take it anyway.   Not the end of the world and we let it go but it was annoying.

when My kids were in Little League I bought them a $200 bat.  I got kind of annoyed when during games everyone would use it.  similarly he played catcher so I bought him all good quality catcher's gear.  Next thing I know whoever is playing catcher is wearing his stuff because it was better than the league supplied stuff.  I didn't want to be a jerk and raise any issues, but the other kids wouldn't care and beat the heck out of it.  I tried to tell my son to keep it in his equipment bag when he wasn't using it, but the kids would just go in there and take it anyway.   Not the end of the world and we let it go but it was annoying.
he freaked out at the first practice with the new bat...they had divided up into groups to work on throwing, hitting, etc...while he was in the throwing group, he looked over and his bat was missing.  mr snick said he freaked out for the whole time.  someone had grabbed his bat to use in the hitting group. 

he freaked out at the first practice with the new bat...they had divided up into groups to work on throwing, hitting, etc...while he was in the throwing group, he looked over and his bat was missing.  mr snick said he freaked out for the whole time.  someone had grabbed his bat to use in the hitting group. 
Sounds about right.  Get him an equipment bag and tell him to put his stuff in it when he's not using it.  Even then kids being kids, if they know it's there they might just go and get it.  If he leaves it out in the open near the bench, the other kids will use it just like any of the team common equipment.  One hates being a dick about it but that's kind of just the way it is.  i hope he can just focus on playing the game and doesn't have to be distracted worrying about his stuff.  Fun times.

Sounds about right.  Get him an equipment bag and tell him to put his stuff in it when he's not using it.  Even then kids being kids, if they know it's there they might just go and get it.  If he leaves it out in the open near the bench, the other kids will use it just like any of the team common equipment.  One hates being a dick about it but that's kind of just the way it is.  i hope he can just focus on playing the game and doesn't have to be distracted worrying about his stuff.  Fun times.
he has a bag for gear.  I don't mind the bat usage, hell the one i bought has a no dent warranty,  I do say something about the helmets though if someone grabs his.  I have dealt with lice one too many times already from others.  

he has a bag for gear.  I don't mind the bat usage, hell the one i bought has a no dent warranty,  I do say something about the helmets though if someone grabs his.  I have dealt with lice one too many times already from others.  
Absolutely.  Like I mentioned before I bought my kid catcher's gear.  The other kids would use it and stretch it out so it didn't fit him correctly anymore.  "no dent warranty".  Wow haven't heard of that before.  I recall the one I bought was a light aluminum bat that would (and did) dent with abuse.....

an aluminum Louisville slugger.  1 yr no dent warranty.   
that's pretty good.  We bought my son a $200 carbon fiber hockey stick for Xmas one year.  It came with a 30 day warranty.  My wife bought it early December and specifically asked that if it was an Xmas present can the warranty start on Xmas as he wouldn't even see it until then.  The sales guy said sure.  Like the second time my son played with it just after New Year, he broke it and it was more than 30 days from the initial purchase date.  The sporting goods shop reluctantly gave us a replacement but it was a struggle to get them to honor their word.

got the game schedule last night...holy cow!!!  at least we only have to travel 1.25hrs one time.  The rest of the away games are 30-45 minute away

Saturday is a big day in the refrigerant household.  Daughter #1 gets her Masters in Psychology & son #1 gets his BS in Mechanical Engineering.  I still will have two at the University of Texas (An EE and a Nurse) and the MS degree is looking for a PhD program, so I am still bleeding money.....But it is going to be a good day!

congrats!  & I bet the BS ME gets a job before the Masters in PSY ;)

But at least maybe getting one of the "tab" will help!

Back