Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
congrats to the Freon household.  That's awesome!  I thought advanced degrees are supposed to be on someone else's dime.

my eldest only missed 4 math questions on the SAT. But his verbal brought his score down to "below" 1600.  I hope that's good enough to get him some nerd money at one of the "mines" schools.

my eldest only missed 4 math questions on the SAT. But his verbal brought his score down to "below" 1600.  I hope that's good enough to get him some nerd money at one of the "mines" schools.
Might be good enough for the CG Academy.

Minisnick's principle called me during lunch today.  When he identified himself, I thought great what did minisnick do that merited the principle to call.  He was just calling to invite mr snick and myself to their morning meeting on the 19th so we could see minisnick get an award, picture for the paper etc...

Nice!  Mrs. Supe met with Junior's VP today, but that was to discuss the fact that there's an older boy on the bus grabbing backpacks, bullying, and discussing 4th grade friendly topics such as genital herpes.

Yes.  VP initially recommended that they move Junior on the bus, and not this other kid.  I called Mrs. Supe, told her to ask the VP what the other students parents would think about this individual not being punished, and being allowed to continue such conversations at his leisure with THEIR children.  Told her to mention it would be a great topic for next PTA meeting.  

She's now revisiting her proposed strategy...

Yes.  VP initially recommended that they move Junior on the bus, and not this other kid.  I called Mrs. Supe, told her to ask the VP what the other students parents would think about this individual not being punished, and being allowed to continue such conversations at his leisure with THEIR children.  Told her to mention it would be a great topic for next PTA meeting.  

She's now revisiting her proposed strategy...
why is it always move the person bringing issues to attention and not dealing with the issue?!  and that's not limited to just school, but life in general

why is it always move the person bringing issues to attention and not dealing with the issue?!
charlotte_marketing_agency.jpg

On Tuesday minisnick said his teacher told him he was 7 books away from the 100 pt club (basically 200 books read) and the AR program ends on the 16th.  Hopefully he reads&tests at least one additional book during the school day every day this week and the book he brings home and he should make it.  It earns him a picture in the paper, a prize, lunch with the principle and a coupon for a free pizza to one of the local pizzerias.  at least that is what the captions have said in the newpaper clips for those that have already reached this point. 

congrats! now make them buy you some sweet fathers day gifts! (not that anyone cares much about that day!)

Back