Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
last fall I coached my 13 year old's soccer team (I know less about soccer than baseball) & I had a female assistant coach. I think the only reason she was helping was to yell at her kid. She really did nothing else the entire season. I felt bad for the kid (he was a good player but also a total crybaby) I don't think he understood the concept of rec league, everyone gets to play, everyone gets to sit on the bench some, when we would do substitutions he would just walk to the end of the field and cry.. he is going to have a hard life..

Last edited by a moderator:
Daughter has a friend sleeping over tonight. I do not remember being that obnoxious when I was 9.

I blame my wife for all these activities.  She was involved in everything in HS - softball, basketball, volleyball.  I was involved in JROTC and some soccer.  She's talking about music lessons and now swimming classes.  I'm not particularly social to begin with so this should be interesting.  

Went to my first daddy/daughter dance with miniBuff #1 (who is now 9) on Saturday night. I'm not much of a dancer, but I wanted to get her in the dancing mood, so I made a fool of myself (and had fun doing so). I mad it through five rounds of limbo, too!

Nice!  I'm sure the only one who thought you made a fool of yourself is you.

Had a nice little wake-up call on how fast my kids are growing up this weekend (or how fast they shouldn't be growing up). Mini-ble2 loves going to the local pet store because they always have cats from the humane society that they are trying to get adopted. We were in there petting one of the cats and my son is reading the little information card about the cat. When he comes to the sex part of the card he asked what sex are they talking about the male/female one or the <thrusts hips> one? I think Mrs. Ble and I were speechless for a good 5-10 seconds while we tried to pick our jaws up off the floor. We stammered through a response to get us out of the store and then I had to sit down with him at home to talk a little bit about what he had just showed us. Of course he learned it in school and all he had learned was that it was a man and woman together and then <hips thrusting>. I really didn't think I would be having to discuss this with him at 7 years old, but things have changed a lot since I was a kid. I had a good, stiff drink later on that night after putting him to bed. 

it's really funny if it's a story about someone else's kid.  I'd just tell him that what the other kid showed/told him was not polite and he shouldn't repeat it (like swear words or the middle finger).  No further explanation required.  Here's a dollar kid...don't do that again. Good night.  sleep tight.

Couldn't imagine going #1 or #2 while performing pull ups.  Don't think my aim is anywhere near that good.  The constant elevation changes would be like one of those shoot and score arcade games where the basketball net moves closer and further away.

Couldn't imagine going #1 or #2 while performing pull ups.  Don't think my aim is anywhere near that good.  The constant elevation changes would be like one of those shoot and score arcade games where the basketball net moves closer and further away.
ha!  don't make me laugh, my lungs hurt from coughing so much.  

Had a nice little wake-up call on how fast my kids are growing up this weekend (or how fast they shouldn't be growing up). Mini-ble2 loves going to the local pet store because they always have cats from the humane society that they are trying to get adopted. We were in there petting one of the cats and my son is reading the little information card about the cat. When he comes to the sex part of the card he asked what sex are they talking about the male/female one or the <thrusts hips> one? I think Mrs. Ble and I were speechless for a good 5-10 seconds while we tried to pick our jaws up off the floor. We stammered through a response to get us out of the store and then I had to sit down with him at home to talk a little bit about what he had just showed us. Of course he learned it in school and all he had learned was that it was a man and woman together and then <hips thrusting>. I really didn't think I would be having to discuss this with him at 7 years old, but things have changed a lot since I was a kid. I had a good, stiff drink later on that night after putting him to bed. 
:thankyou: :th_rockon:   that was funny as hell!

Is there a 3-point line?

Back