I GOT A DATE!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK guys I'm all set for tomorrow. We are going to make baked ziti at her place tomorrow and a salad to go with it. So how does this work? If I am going to do the majority of the cooking does I assume this means I should to bring along the main ingredients? I will probably bring some beer too. I figure this should be a fun hands on thing to do together. We don't have any other plans after that so we'll see what happens. I don't want to get too full in case she wants to do it.
Yes, bring the main ingredients. If you really want to kick some ass you can buy a high-end bagged salad (NO ICEBERG) and wash it and put it in a bowl before you go. Buy one of those fancy vinaigrette dressings. (NO RANCH) Some grated parmesan reggiano for the pasta and salad makes a heck of a difference (NO KRAFT) Beer is good but wine (NO WHITE ZINFANDEL OR BOONES) may be more beneficial. (higher %) Ask around for a simple red sauce recipe (NO RAGU)

Don't discuss dessert, but DO bring dessert. Keep it as a surprise until after dinner. You can get those little "single serving" italian desserts at a lot of places (bakeries, better grocery stores): a piece of tiramisu, a cannoli, a piece of cake, etc. recommend two individual items for sharing or smearing on each other.

Do not bring anything by little debbie or sara lee. Those are fine for an office breakfast, but not for impressing.

All of this can be accomplished for relatively little $$ while exponentially increasing the quality and class of a home cooked meal.

Go rent a movie to bring along Fudge-meister. Something romantic that you can snuggle up to watch.
Sounds like you've got a great night planned out so far.

I still recommend the roofie-tini but whatever works for you.
Unless you get absolutely bombed during dinner, might I suggest renting a movie as an after dinner activity? That way you can play it by ear - no chance that you brought something she has seen or refuses to watch. It provides a little break in the action, lets you walk off dinner a little bit, serves as a time killer to delay the start of the movie. The later the movie starts, the more likely she'll say "why don't you stay here..." keep the wine flowing.

What's wrong with Boone's Farm? :dunno:
nothing, if you don't mind wearing the ziti you just cooked when she pukes on you during a make out session.

The two girls one cup crowd might be into that, but not me...

What's wrong with Boone's Farm? :dunno:
And Frazil wins our Resident wine-o award for the 14th straight year!

Don't discuss dessert, but DO bring dessert. Keep it as a surprise until after dinner.
Ooh good idea!

Buy one of those fancy vinaigrette dressings. (NO RANCH)
I'm not a huge fan of those. Nothing wrong with ranch Fudgey just not the cheap stuff.

Ask around for a simple red sauce recipe (NO RAGU)
recipes.com is good for this.

Good luck Fudgey!

I'm not a huge fan of those. Nothing wrong with ranch Fudgey just not the cheap stuff.
I didn't mean to come off as a ranch snob. In fact, I enjoy it on almost anything but salad! But, with a high end salad (all the fancy greens) I still contend a vinaigrette is the way to go.

Speaking of ranch, here's an off-color joke I recall from my college days. What was funniest about it to me was a Bulgarian guy told it with a thick slavic accent:

Q. How do you get a sorority girl to BLANK your BLANK?

A. Dip it in ranch.

I couldn't bring myself to fill in the blanks.

Speaking of ranch, here's an off-color joke I recall from my college days. What was funniest about it to me was a Bulgarian guy told it with a thick slavic accent:
Q. How do you get a sorority girl to BLANK your BLANK?

A. Dip it in ranch.

I couldn't bring myself to fill in the blanks.
How do you get a sorority girl to change your tires?

I dont get it.

Again...No flowers????

Oh shoot!!!!!!!!! I am getting older and older. What the heck happened with the old good times when bringing flowers to your date gained you A LOT of points?

I am glad I do not have to date anymore.

Again...No flowers????Oh shoot!!!!!!!!! I am getting older and older. What the heck happened with the old good times when bringing flowers to your date gained you A LOT of points?

I am glad I do not have to date anymore.
It seems like the kids these days don't respect the flowers so much - but I think you're right - in this situation showing up with some fresh cut flowers might be a nice touch.

Hey, take her a condom tree!!! You should get an idea on how well the evening would go then??? :winko:

After reading some of the posts on this thread here is the only thing I can do:

:holyness: Dear Lord,

Do not let my daughter date an engineer. I know I have been a bad boy in the past but please, do not make my daughter pay for the bad things I did.

Amen

PD...Lord...Do not :bio: :holyness:

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like you got a plan fudgey. You should listen to ODB - he sounds like he was quite the ladies' man in his time. Perhaps he still is ?? :dunno:

We will be waiting with baited breath to see how it goes :popcorn:

Good luck!

JR

ODB?

odb_thighs.gif

I'm pretty sure that ODB is much more of ladies man than I ever was- or as my wife would say, I THINK I was.

But hey, cooking for her way back in the day probably sealed the deal.

just remember salad = 100% GAS!!!
fart.gif
toilet.gif
You'll definitely want to "walk it off" if you go the salad route!

Maybe bring a loaf of bread, some tomatoes, and fresh parmesan cheese!

Last edited by a moderator:
ODB fathered like 8 kids from 7 different women, I would say he was one hell of a ladies man. Of course he also bragged about catching the clap multiple times. Ohh and hes dead now so thats not so good.

Im going to go home tonight and pour out a 40 for my homie.

Back