I GOT A DATE!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna see if she wants to get together Friday after work for a beer. I'd like to make dinner for her but feel odd about asking her over to my place so soon.
Offer to make it at her place - the ladies love to see you make do with what's available. Bring over a bottle of wine to drink as you cook.

Yes Fudgey, cooking on a second date is MONEY. I highly suggest something like lasagna or manicotti. Its easy to make, tastes good, goes well with wine or beer and its interactive. You can both work on cooking it. Plus when its cooking you'll have time together to chat and hopefully she'll be deep a couple glasses of wine.

Who ever is taking bets, put me down for $20 that this thread ends up in the hall of fame!

Fudgey, sounds like you're playing this cool! Please keep us posted!

OR.....You can have a few friends OVER, or meet a few friends out some where, you ALWAYS want to see how she behaves around some of your friends.

I agree with the other posters - if you can cook that is probably a choice move! :plusone:

I know my wife (who is an EXCELLENT cook in her own right) was very impressed by my cooking. It was an easy, safe way to spend time together, alone without feeling pressured to 'go out' or do things in a group.

Good luck fudgey!! Keep it rolling!

JR

P.S. - I hope you aren't waiting to call her back - women actually DON'T like that move.

I don't know, Fudgey. Many girls I know appreciate a man who moves a little faster. You don't want to give the impression that you're too nice. Too nice = boring in the sack. She might wander off to one of your friends during beers at the bar. And that would suck for you (believe me!)

I say go ahead, cook her dinner at her place, but try to get her hammered. Wine is good, just keep filling it up for her. Even better, try to get her to down some mixed drinks. Make mudslides - fun to make, tasty to drink, and before she knows it, she's seriously buzzed!

Whatever happens after that happens. Just let it happen at her pace, and be careful not to make an ass of yourself.

Here's how Dleg makes a Mudslide:

In a blender, mix equal parts Baily's Irish Creme, Kahlua, and Vodka with ice. Prepare glass with a little chocolate syrup, swirled along the inside.

I don't know. I never had much success with the ladies. But this is my :2cents:

I don't know, Fudgey. Many girls I know appreciate a man who moves a little faster. You don't want to give the impression that you're too nice. Too nice = boring in the sack. She might wander off to one of your friends during beers at the bar. And that would suck for you (believe me!)
I say go ahead, cook her dinner at her place, but try to get her hammered. Wine is good, just keep filling it up for her. Even better, try to get her to down some mixed drinks. Make mudslides - fun to make, tasty to drink, and before she knows it, she's seriously buzzed!

Whatever happens after that happens. Just let it happen at her pace, and be careful not to make an ass of yourself.

Here's how Dleg makes a Mudslide:

In a blender, mix equal parts Baily's Irish Creme, Kahlua, and Vodka with ice. Prepare glass with a little chocolate syrup, swirled along the inside.

I don't know. I never had much success with the ladies. But this is my :2cents:

When DLeg runs out of Vodka, roofies do the trick.

genuine%20spanish%20fly.jpg

you know, the principle behind spanish fly is very real and was used for breeding cattle. I learned this when I worked in a pharmacy, but luckily, today we have wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_fly

Last edited by a moderator:
OK guys I'm all set for tomorrow. We are going to make baked ziti at her place tomorrow and a salad to go with it. So how does this work? If I am going to do the majority of the cooking does I assume this means I should to bring along the main ingredients? I will probably bring some beer too. I figure this should be a fun hands on thing to do together. We don't have any other plans after that so we'll see what happens. I don't want to get too full in case she wants to do it.

Go rent a movie to bring along Fudge-meister. Something romantic that you can snuggle up to watch.

Sounds like you've got a great night planned out so far.

I still recommend the roofie-tini but whatever works for you.

Back