I GOT A DATE!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fudgey are you planning on crotch stuffing? A rolled up tube sock works well if your pants arent too tight. Maybe a medium sized cucumber or zuchunni if your going to go with the tight pants. And remember, women love chest hair so show that stuff off!

I have decided to take her to a southwestern place nearby for dinner. It's pretty casual but still nice and the food is priced reasonably and is tasty. I dont know if bringing a camera is a good idea, as it might weird her out. So do you guys think the drink and dinner is a good enough plan or should I try to plan in some other sort of entertainment too?
Some activities after dinner is a good idea. Good Luck!!!

Fudgey - Immodium is your friend. They have a chewable version that tastes horrible but is a lot more discreet than popping a pill.

Other than that, relax. Do NOT talk about work! If you aren't good at small talk, funny stories are good, but you'll need to ease into them. Start off with something that does not deal in any way with bodily functions if you can :) Try to get her talking (most women LOVE to talk). Ask about hobbies. It's still close enough to Halloween that you can ask what she used to do for Halloween as a kid.

Good luck!

Well, since you both work at a wastewater treatment plant, I think that offers a natural starting point for your conversation, as well as an area that you are not only comfortable, but skilled in talking about.

Menu: I suggest starting with a bean dip. Progress from there into talk about methane production and sludge dewatering.

The main course should be bean burritos, smothered in green chile sauce. Maybe chicharrone burritos, ifstraight bean is too bland.

For desrt I would suggest a chocolate mousse. Note how silimar it looks to the scum that forms on the surface of the aerobic digesters. Then talk some more about digestion.

After dinner, offer to take her somewhere romantic to continue the conversation. Take her toa view of the outfall area. Then you can bring up the subject of discharges.

It could be perfect - it could play right into your hands.

About scoring... let's end the sharade... be upfront and honest with her. Women love honesty. They also love hair especially on the shoulders and back. Cancel your waxing appointment. If you can grow a mustache between now and your date... perfect... women love the feel of mustaches on their cheeks.

Since ya'll are both Bears fans, everytime you get nervous, say "The Bears" repeatedly, like the guys from Saturday Night Live. You'll both have good laughs all night.

Yes, be confident. The best way to show this is for you to pick where you will be dining. Take charge! You do all the ordering for both you and her -- no need to ask her. Remember... confidence.

Dude, nothing would show her you have "what it takes" more than bringing her to a German restaurant and ordering the biggest bratwurst they have.

Then hand it over to her and ask her if she can handle it all by herself, or if she would like some help.

If she needs help, then that's when you ask her if she would like to invite some of her friends over.

That's my :2cents: anyway.

Well, I have not dated in so long that I may not be much help in suggesting what the young lady would like. (Married 27 years.) But, Fudgey, here are my best thoughts: Be honest, relax and be yourself. Be polite (rude and crude can be added later). Be prepared for safe sex, just in case. If things go well and you want to continue the relationship, send flowers the next day. I'm not talking about expensive fancy flowers - just a cup full of dasies or something.

Beware: these are the thoughts of a 49-year old engineer. Proceed at your own risk.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I have not dated in so long that I may not be much help in suggesting what the young lady would like. (Married 27 years.) But, Fudgey, here are my best thoughts: Be honest, relax and be yourself. Be polite (rude and crude can be added later). Be prepared for safe sex, just in case. If things go well and you want to continue the relationship, send flowers the next day. I'm not talking about expensive fancy flowers - just a cup full of dasies or something. Beware: these are the thoughts of a 49-year old engineer. Proceed at your own risk.

Good luck.
Similar minds think alike. I was thinking the same, and even thought about the flowers. Again, I am reaching the mid 40s so take it for what it worth but there is no woman in this world capable of resist a romantic and respectful treatment. Is still working for me and I have been with my wifey for almost 20 years.

Women are not things or objects Fudgey. They are delicate creatures that must be handled with care.

Have fun

Women are delicate little flowers
You are dead right on that. My ex is a flower.Sort of.She is an ivy.A poison ivy.

Regarding FudgePump. I hope you have a good one.I just hope you are not dating my sis for her own sake.

thanks for the advice guys!! I take it you're saying this should be out?

nofart.jpg

I think Ill skip the flowers this time because that seems too desperate for me. I did talk to my brother last night and he reminded me to compliment her hair. I'll go with this one I think. I bought a new shirt last night to wear as well. A little flashier than I might usually wear but why not?

I'm getting really excited!

You should also do a little solo work before you go out. You don't want all that tension pent up on the first date. See: "There's Something About Mary"

Back