I almost solved the NCEES Pencil Color Equation! ..... but not quite

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a red pencil for the last paper FE exam in October 2013.
The red Oct '13 pencils are evil. They existed only to spread despair.

i was thinking about throwing mine down a garbage disposal/lighting it on fire/smashing it with a hammer before the next exam..
I've been using my April 2017 pencil for exam prep, and it makes me simultaneously motivated and sad.
Don't destroy it. @txjennah has the right idea, use the pencil to channel the hate and focus your resolve.

...but maaayyyybeeee don't practice with the flawed instrument.

The red Oct '13 pencils are evil. They existed only to spread despair.

Don't destroy it. @txjennah has the right idea, use the pencil to channel the hate and focus your resolve.

...but maaayyyybeeee don't practice with the flawed instrument.
Maybe I can donate it? Bad vibes on it. I don't like having it with me, and for some reason it has been in my bag since the exam... but I don't know what to do with it. 

Maybe I can donate it? Bad vibes on it. I don't like having it with me, and for some reason it has been in my bag since the exam... but I don't know what to do with it. 
Destroy it and send it to the depths of hell where it belongs.

That's the black one. Mine was white and red, I believe. Red grip and red top.
They made the pencils multi-colored last session. In April 2018 the text was a different color from the grip, clip, and top. Prior to last session all four items were the same color.

They made the pencils multi-colored last session. In April 2018 the text was a different color from the grip, clip, and top. Prior to last session all four items were the same color.
I hope we get green pencils on Friday. Anything green. Green is good.

What color pencil was provided for PE April 2018 exam? It's lost somewhere in my apartment and I already forgot what it looked like.

What color pencil was provided for PE April 2018 exam? It's lost somewhere in my apartment and I already forgot what it looked like.
It was a change up! It was black and white, with a *gasp* SIDE CLICKER. I hated it. I wanted my French-made artisan tool. Made-in-China side-clicky with a crappy eraser? Hard pass!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm super curious if they're staying with the side clicker or going back to the original Bic Matic. For me, the geometry of my head makes it really comfortable to tuck the pencil behind my ear at work. The April 2018 pencil was fatter and keeps falling off my head. These are the important things...

Back