Exercise/Weight Loss

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still pissed about the whole Sheryl Crow thing.

She is an idiot. She said that we all need to be more sensitive to the environment and that we are killing precious trees by using too much toilet paper. She went on to say that no one needs to use more than 1 square per bathroom visit.

She thinks that one square is enough TP to clean up any mess? Are you kidding me?

She is an idiot. She said that we all need to be more sensitive to the environment and that we are killing precious trees by using too much toilet paper. She went on to say that no one needs to use more than 1 square per bathroom visit.

She thinks that one square is enough TP to clean up any mess? Are you kidding me?

This is turning into a Fudgey conversation in a hurry.

And not to mention she is extremely wealthy and probably wipes her ass with fine linen. Not like the John Wayne stuff I'm used to.

Does anyone else hate that lotioney toilet paper? It makes my butt crack feel like its crammed full of wet leaves after using that stuff. I want my TP one step up from sand paper. Real gritty to really grab all those little poo-particles and whisk them away. Only takes a few sheets to get it all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well I try not to listen to Hollywood types when they open their mouths. I don't know why people do -- most of them barely have a high school education. Anyway I'll stay away from People magazine next time I'm looking for an example of toned muscles! :D

^^^John Wayne TP---->Rough and Tough and don't take no shit off nobody.

Anybody know what the USS Enterprise and Toilet paper have in common???

They both circle Uranus looking for Klingons.

ZING

Let's get back on track...

Has anyone seen the site, mapmyrun.com?

You can draw your route and it gives you the mileage. The site is a little funky to figure out, but it's better than driving all over town, and it's pretty accurate.

I just figure I run a 9 minute mile on training runs and then hope I actually run a little faster and estimate the mileage, I want to get one of those gps things that I can wear that gives me my actual time, i run on a lot of trails and its hard to figure the exact distance I run

frazil,

If you're interested in doing the tricep workout, I would recommend the "iron skillet" style workout. Also this is highly beneficial for better tone on your upper arms:

Freytag_TricepDip_1.jpg

Here's the iron-skillet motion:

bicepside3.jpg

Dip with a chair:

Use a chair at your dinner table. Have a chair facing your back, then put your hands on the seat. Slowly bend your knees so that you can get yourself in a position to support you body with your arms. Then dip your body with knees bent. When the arms are fully extended, your legs should bent to 90 degrees. If you can do 10 of these, try doing them with 2 minute breaks between them until you can't do anymore.

For people with excellent upper body strength, it should be possible to have the legs fully extended and dipping at home is easy for a good 15-20 reps. I was only able to do 20 reps when I was in peak condition (bench-pressing 280 and weighing 155 lbs).

McEngr

Last edited by a moderator:
I just figure I run a 9 minute mile on training runs and then hope I actually run a little faster and estimate the mileage, I want to get one of those gps things that I can wear that gives me my actual time, i run on a lot of trails and its hard to figure the exact distance I run
If you've got an iPod Nano, you can get one of those Nike Sport Kits pretty cheap. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY THE NIKE SHOES TO USE IT!!! It's some psuedo-misleading advertising that makes people think you have to buy the Nike+ shoes to use it, but you can get a little "shoe pocket" to hold the transmitter on any shoe for $5.

It's basically a pedometer that transmits the data to your Nano so it records your info as you go and will actually tell you how you're doing while you're on the move. Not quite as fancy as the GPS units, but a heck of a lot cheaper...if you've already got the Nano.

thanks mcEngr!

I tried doing the iron-skillet move last night with a 5 lb weight in each hand. I couldn't get my arms much more than 45 degrees away from my sides.

:p ...so sad.

see when I recommended the iron skillet workout it was intendid to be a gender biased assumption that you could do that easily while in the kitchen

:p

Then again there's always Mrs. RG's skillet workout where she holds the skillet overhead while running after him to whack him over the head with it (this is the aerobic apart). Once prey is caught, do 15-20 reps with the skillet.(this part is good for the arms.)

Then again there's always Mrs. RG's skillet workout where she holds the skillet overhead while running after him to whack him over the head with it (this is the aerobic apart). Once prey is caught, do 15-20 reps with the skillet.(this part is good for the arms.)
Now that's a move I would like to see ......
13.gif

JR

see when I recommended the iron skillet workout it was intendid to be a gender biased assumption that you could do that easily while in the kitchen
:BS:
"Cut slits in plastic over chicken and potato compartments. Remove plastic over dessert. Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes, rotating once"

see...no heavy lifting required!

transl6.jpg

Question. Do they still make microwaves that don't have the spinny turntable thing??? I think the rotate once part is pretty obsolete.

it's a good thing we have have Frazil here because us manly types would have no knowledge of such things. Any of you other ladies, feel free to chime in!

:BS:

Back