Exercise/Weight Loss

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new one is supposed to have 20,000 runners so maybe it will be more interesting.
ok. So I guess 2000 is only big for around here. But a lot of people turn out just to watch it so it feels like a big event. How long did you train for your first marathon RG? WEre you starting from stratch or have you always been a runner?

Plus I got really discouraged after running in a 5k. I ran for a few weeks before the race on prettly level terrain. I get to the race site and it was really hilly. Race walkers and several little kids passed me up. My time was about 32 minutes, I think. :suicide:

I guess it wasnt the runners but lack of a crowd that made it bad, I think i saw maybe 10 "spectators" the entire time. but it was bad timing the marathon was on thanksgiving so even the cops who were working the intersection's looked at you like you were a piece of crap for making them work on a holiday..

I had always sort of been a runner, but I worked with a girl who was a hard core marathoner, we would run at lunch and she talked me into doing the marathon with her. so I got some books, did a 1st timers schedule from runners world (pretty neat if you havent seen it) and just grunted away at the weekly miles goals

she finished in like 3:20 min , I finished in 4:35 minutes my first time

why 4/17? :dunno:
Someone in the office picked tax day for some reason. It was a Sunday, so they made it the 16th on Monday. Then someone else said that I would cheat and drop my water like I do for a bodybuilding show, and that I would be low that day. They are weighing in on the morning of the 16th, 17th, and 18th, and averaging the weights from those 3 days to get an accurate final weight (engineers).

So I just say the cut off is the 17th.

Long answer to a short question eh?

I'm doing the Covered Bridges 1/2 marathon in VT.  It's a big event (~2000 people) and it's a lot of fun.  I did it a couple years ago too. 
It's a goal of mine to someday run a marathon.  Are you following a training schedule?
Go get 'em Frazil !!

5.gif

JR

DVINNY - what's the prize? You sound motivated!

THanks JR!

Here is my pathetic self during a 5K, I was laughing at someone I knew who was heckeling me.

I gave myself 3 stress fractures in my right tibia (front shin) during that race

pic-0139.jpg

Or he's been feeding them Beefcake 4000 shakes.  :dunno:
Nah, he eats enough as it is. The darker one (my female) is the one I lost in October due to cancer. He is still around eating anything he can get

his name is ANGUS. go figure

Last edited by a moderator:
Or he's been feeding them Beefcake 4000 shakes.? :dunno:
Nah, he eats enough as it is. The darker one (my female) is the one I lost in October due to cancer. He is still around eating anything he can get

his name is ANGUS. go figure
Cool name! I've dubbed myself Colonel Angus for a while. PM me and I'll give you the story behind it if you haven't figured it out.

atkins diet?

we were all doing atkins at the job trailer last project. there were cattle forming a protest line around the barbque. :true:

Back