Exercise/Weight Loss

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not all protein powder is good for everyone. I use Met-Rx because it goes well with my digestive system. I can't use alot of the other big brands because I'll feel like I'm going to puke it back up, or it'll give gas, etc.
I knew some guys in college that had a 4 man suite together in a dorm. 3 of them were real into lifting and bulking up. They all were on various protein shakes.

I swear popping by their room was like sticking your head in a septic tank. They stunk SO bad.

- exercise more (goal of a 5k in march)
Same here, but the 5k here isn't until May so I've got a little more time to get ready. You look at the "Couch to 5k" program yet? Every year in Cincinnati they do the Flying Pig Marathon and this past year my wife and I walked in the 5k race and our 3 month old came along for the ride. I came up with the goal of actually running it this time. I asked for some running gear...shoes, watch, cold weather clothes, etc. for Christmas so I'm probably going to start getting ready on the 26th.

If you think caffeine negatively affects your metabolism then you are badly mistaken.
Why do you think the ECA stack is so popular? Because it works. It works REALLY well.

Dehydration because of a can of diet soda? Do you know how extreme that is? Anyone dieting and training knows that you should have a good amount of water intake. More than a gallon a day is bad. But you will not dehydrate or come close to it because of the minimal amount of caffeine in diet soda.
I didn't say caffeine negativily affects metabolism. It negativily affects the bodies ability to rehydrate fat into carbs to burn.

The ECA stack works better than just C because the Asprin causes the effects of caffine to last for hours. A CA stack works okay. What really makes the ECA stack work, it the E knocks your appetite down so you don't crave those extra snacks between 300 calorie meals.

Dr. Ellington Darden's method of Super Hydration works great. It works as well as the ECA stack without the $$$ spent.

I would recommend Darden's book "Flat Stomach ASAP" (basically the bowflex plan for other equipment or no equipment)

If you want to get bigger, Darden also has some great books for that as well.

so whats the ECA stack?

I am 4 days out from no cokes/mountain dews, etc. I am sticking with a large cub of joe in the AM, but trying to kill of soda completely (money & calories)

LOL. I know what you mean on the gas problem. I was using some egg protien to bulk up a little bit in college. i took it right before i went to bed and at the time my wife (then girlfriend) woke up to some of the most horrendus gas. It was like someone threw a stinkbomb in my room. :true:

Moral of the story, if you wanna get some action. Lay off the protien for a couple days.

ECA = Ephedra (or Ephedrine) + Caffiene (No-Doz) + Aspirin

Forgot the doses, but it works! Just hope you don't mind shaking once in a while :true:

... my wife (then girlfriend) woke up to some of the most horrendus gas.
That reminds me of a funny story from when my wife and I started dating:

I woke up in the middle of the night realizing that I had a very good stream of

farts going when it occurred to me that I wasn't sleeping alone like normal and she was sleeping in the direction of my ruckus. I turned quickly to see if she was awakened by the disturbance and saw her eyes opening slightly. I tried to think quick and said all I could muster at such a late time at night: "Was that you?" I then put my head back down and went to sleep. There was no mention of

it in the morning. :true:

with the ECA, I don't use the A (Aspirin), I just combine the caffeine and ephedrine (pure ephedrine not ephedra) Aspirin thins my blood too much, and I get too many nosebleeds.

It is the ingrediants in alot of popular fat burners: Stacker 2, Hydroxycut, Xenadrine, etc.

Ephedrine = 25 mg

Caffiene = 200 mg

Aspirin = 325 mg

They are legal, Clenbuterol (the now popular Hollywood drug) is not, but it usually rotated two weeks on ECA, then two weeks on Clen, then two weeks on ECA, etc. etc.

Clen is also a bronchialdialator as well, but it's effects are on the brown adipose, and ECA usually affects white adipose

Last edited by a moderator:
I must need some of that, the last 3 weeks I have ran 60+ miles total (plus some basic superset dumbell workout I do) and havent lost a god damned pound.. pants do feel a little less snug though, it just pisses me off cause I want to see #'s go down..

:lol2x:

Seriously though, I read a review that said clen will keep you up a lot longer and you break out into cold sweats, itching, mild halucinations, paranoia, etc. Symptoms of a guy on meth.

Ephedrine wears off after a few hours, clen does take a day or two to wear off, (longer half-life) so if someone were to take too much, then yes, all above could happen.

the dosage range has to be found with clen. It is usually in 20mcg tabs, and most people start off taking 2 tabs, then 4 the next day, then 6 the next day, etc. etc. until they find which dosage gives them the systems (shakes, sweats) then they 'back off' by 2 tabs.

This gives them the highest dosage without side effects.

Some ambitious types don't care, and take shit loads thinking they'll lose weight faster and sit there and shake and sweat like meth addicts, so in a way you are dead on.

It's highly effective and is also a beta-2 agonist and for the first few weeks helps build muscle mass, and helps retain it throughout the duration of taking it.

[SIZE=8pt]We Strongly endorse not taking any such item, this thread is for informational purposes only.[/SIZE]

Ephedrine, caffeine, clenbuterol, and even aspirin should all ONLY be used under the supervision of a doctor

so whats a decent supplement to take that actually helps?

or am I better off just eating better (& all that shit) ???

Pushing 40, I have a different philosophy on keeping fit. I try to aim only for things I know I can sustain long-term. Body building is not one of those. Neither is triathlons, or adventure racing, or whatever else that requires more than a minimal commitment of time.

Nope. I just run 30 minutes, three days a week, and then participate in a "Hash House Harriers" run every weekend, which is like a longer and more strenuous run., followed by beer drinking. You can substitute "play basketball, soccer" whatever for that. Just something that's fun and physical, and serves as the motivation to stay fit. Once in a while I ride my bike, too, but it's getting harder to find the time for that now that I have kids.

I know the value of weight training for losing weight, but I can't sustain going to the gym either, so I do crunches, push-ups and pull-ups almost every morning to help lose weight and maintain a modicum of upper body and back strength. I hardly ever have back problems as long as I keep up with the 20-minute morning workouts.

As far as food goes, I am actively trying to eat less, and eat more vegetables and avoid fatty stuff. My diet sucked for years and I'll probably pay dearly for that. I have a deal with our housekeeper right now (one of the perks of living in America's own banana republic) that if I can drop below 180 lbs (from 190) by Christmas, she gets a big bonus. She's from the Philippines and is always skinny, because she eats practically nothing but vegetables, rice, and tiny strips of meat. And then she cooks pizza or fried chicken for the rest of us. Well, not anymore - I'm eating like she does now, and so far I'm at 184 after only 3 weeks of it.

Supplements? I'm kind of fond of barley. And hops. :beerchug

Pushing 40, I have a different philosophy on keeping fit.? I try to aim only for things I know I can sustain long-term.? Body building is not one of those.? Neither is triathlons, or adventure racing, or whatever else that requires no more than a minimal commitment of time.
Going with that theorem, I want to build a good road that will not wear down over the next 40 yrs, so I shouldn't build a Freeway or Highway, I should just build a gravel road. It's easier to sustain and requires more than a minimal commitment of time?

:jk: Had to make the comparison, that's how I see it.

Latest posts

Back