EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait... Llanfairpwllgwyngyll is a real place???? I figured @tj_PE was just being funny and mashing the keyboard.

View attachment 18289
I can tell you from personal experience that north Wales is very much full of towns like this. 

I visited in 2004 and we got lost on some back country B roads. This was before GPS and cell phones. We only had a high level map to figure things out. Academically I knew that Welsh was spoken in Wales but I thought it was always alongside English. What I didn't realize was that the signage is exclusively Welsh in north Wales! It was a real bitch trying to navigate when every town is "Ll" followed by a long string of random "ll", "g", "w", and "y", with occasional "f", "n",  and "a" thrown in. 

Ohh, that reminds me, y'know how in the US our highways all cardinal directions specified at the junctions so you know which direction you are going? Well it's not like that in the UK. You have to know local geography and town names to know if you are going N, S, E, and W.

It was frustrating at the time but now its a funny story to tell.

I can tell you from personal experience that north Wales is very much full of towns like this. 

I visited in 2004 and we got lost on some back country B roads. This was before GPS and cell phones. We only had a high level map to figure things out. Academically I knew that Welsh was spoken in Wales but I thought it was always alongside English. What I didn't realize was that the signage is exclusively Welsh in north Wales! It was a real bitch trying to navigate when every town is "Ll" followed by a long string of random "ll", "g", "w", and "y", with occasional "f", "n",  and "a" thrown in. 

Ohh, that reminds me, y'know how in the US our highways all cardinal directions specified at the junctions so you know which direction you are going? Well it's not like that in the UK. You have to know local geography and town names to know if you are going N, S, E, and W.

It was frustrating at the time but now its a funny story to tell.
Except where I live the E-W exits are on a road that runs N-S (only in my region), so the first time I took the interstate, I went the wrong way, thinking I wanted to go towards Chicago, when in reality, I didn't want to go towards Chicago.  I figured it out when I didn't go over a river right away like I was supposed to.

How do I know if the mafia targeting me was related to my vote yesterday?!??

How do I know if the doctor saving me was related to my vote yesterday?!??

What if it's all just random!?!???

I can't deal with all this attention!

I am not. Thank you for asking :)

Go right ahead, I am part of the millennial generation, unfortunately. I would agree that most of them act like kids.
I'm insulted! Insulted I tell you! I aspire to act more like a kid than I already do.
Eh, every generation has got its puddingheads though (Members of other generations can confirm or deny this theory.)

Wait... Llanfairpwllgwyngyll is a real place???? I figured @tj_PE was just being funny and mashing the keyboard.
By god, so it is. Why are we going there?... For the pastries, so far? For the town name photo op?

I am not. Thank you for asking :)

I'm insulted! Insulted I tell you! I aspire to act more like a kid than I already do.
Eh, every generation has got its puddingheads though (Members of other generations can confirm or deny this theory.)

By god, so it is. Why are we going there?... For the pastries, so far? For the town name photo op?
dude it was an emergency landing do you not remember jumping out of a plane? :p  

Back