EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so, disconnected from rb's analysis, based on chart being maf, my initial suspicion of square being maf (because of chart's vote on first lynch day) is still lingering in my brain

I saved JK Thursday night. Per the rules, I received affirmation that my doctor attempt was successful. IIRC the mafia can't nightkill one of their own, so it's confirmed that JK is not mafia.
see there's so much info you really gotta read all the shit to absorb it. can't just come in and vote. lol. thanks

First: I'm not lying.

Second: I still detected motion by or around MP.

In the tourney I won't have the benefit of knowing the priors of the other players. I was able to shortcut my suspect list in this game by by using three players past behavior on three players: TJ, Square, Jean. The latter I can feel more comfortable based on your uncanny knowledge. I took a calculated risk on Friday to reveal certain bits of information to the town in the event that I was nightkilled. We were very close to having it solved and I didn't want to have that advantage lost due to my removal from the game. Later that evening I revealed the source (my being a JoAT) when it looked like I was going to be lynched - thereby making it official. 

5/5
Is it knowledge?  Or dumb luck (it was def dumb luck with sighing the first lynching, and vhab was just giving off mafia vibes)?  Either way, I don't think MP is mafia this round even if you detected motion (you used motion detector, right?).

Night 1; Lycee; Motion Detector; No motion detected

Night 2: Duran; tracker;  Duran did not use a night action

Night 3: JK; doctor; successfully saved JayKay from being nightkilled

Night 4: MP; Motion Detector; Motion Detected

I guess I need to stop playing with yall and go to work. The commute from the bedroom or bathroom to the living room is killer.

(3/5) or (5/5)
Actual footage from @jean15paul_PE's commute this morning:

mad-max-fury-road-gif-6.gif

On Friday my initial vote was randomly selected among the three persons of interest. My intention was not to necessarily keep a vote against that person, but to drive a three way tie among them to see how they vote. I would use game theory analysis on the votes of those three to determine who is most likely to be mafia. ex: assume three scenarios, each one with a different assumed townie of the three, then figure out if their votes were logical and if they were trying to protect anyone.

I encourage others to try this analysis too.

Ideally this exercise would establish two mafia players, and I would vote or whip a vote for the player most susceptible to be lynched that night. Luckily it was mostly successful. On Friday night, the analysis pointed to @chart94 being mafia, @txjennah PE unlikely to be mafia, and @MadamPirate PE leaning mafia. 

Based on the vote count at the time, the highest chance of success was to go after @chart94. While it wasn't smooth going, the vote worked. The second part of the plan was to motion detect @MadamPirate PE.  It detected motion.

Aaaaannnndd this is where is gets complicated @jean15paul_PE

I should have used the Tracker ability. I'm glad I made this mistake now, and not in the tournament. I still have not mastered the subtitles of this version of the game. 

@MadamPirate PE was not nightkilled, so without any other context this leads to three scenarios:

1. she is mafia;
  2. she is the other JoAT;
  3. she was subject to an action from the other JoAT.
With context the most likely scenario is that she is the last member of the mafia. It's supported by the various votes on Friday. I judge scenario 2 as unlikely, since another player has aleady wont this rounds "Carnac the Magnificent Award" by demonstrating an uncanny level of awareness of the other players.  Further (2) and (3) could be ruled out if the other JoAT reveals themselves *cough* herself *cough* and state if they did not performed an action on MP. Of course, even if the other JoAT performed an action on MP, it could provide an ambiguous result if the other JoAT did motion detection too or doctor. Similarly, options 1 and 3 are not mutually exclusive.

We are in or very near the endgame, so the other JoAT shouldn't fear for themselves now. They  could come forward with any other useful information. 

Honestly, if I hadn't used the wrong JoAT ability on Friday, I'd be posting this gif right now:

tenor.gif

With that said, I'm confident enough in the available evidence. @ChebyshevII PE I vote for @MadamPirate PE.

I'm pretty sure this is at least 3/5, but I'll restart at 1/5 with full confidence that I'll have at least four more posts today.
I am going to straight up say that I am not the JOAT and I am not mafia.

Lynch me if you want, but I am a townie.

(1/5)

Back