EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe you.  I don't think you're mafia.  I def think something is fishy with RBH's analysis on how you must be mafia.  
5/5 (or 6/5 I dunno)

I encourage others to read pages 644-645.  @RBHeadge PE's analysis makes sense, but so does @JayKay PE's.  I find it difficult to believe that @MadamPirate PE being mafia would cast the tie-breaking vote (and she was the last to vote) to lynch @chart94 and save RBhedge.  

If the remaining JOAT could come forward and confirm/deny putting a motion on MP, then we could get this thing over with today.  

In the meantime, I'm not 100% convinced MP is mafia, but I'll keep my vote in place until I see more convincing evidence.

I believe you.  I don't think you're mafia.  I def think something is fishy with RBH's analysis on how you must be mafia.  
I think a lot could be cleared up with intel from the other JoaT. There are 9 players remaining, but only 1 more mafia. I suspect we can put our heads together and figure out who it is with some intel. So far I've been inclined to trust RB, but if he's lying and is mafia, not JoaT, then we definitely need the JoaT to reveal themselves to show he's lying. I don't think this is the case, but either way the JoaT revealing themselves and sharing their intel seems to be the play.

(4/5) or (5+)

I think a lot could be cleared up with intel from the other JoaT. There are 9 players remaining, but only 1 more mafia. I suspect we can put our heads together and figure out who it is with some intel. So far I've been inclined to trust RB, but if he's lying and is mafia, not JoaT, then we definitely need the JoaT to reveal themselves to show he's lying. I don't think this is the case, but either way the JoaT revealing themselves and sharing their intel seems to be the play.

(4/5) or (5+)
How do you know the other JOAT is still alive?  Roar or NikR could have been the other JOAT, hence the reason they're not coming forward.

I def think something is fishy with RBH's analysis on how you must be mafia.  
iswydt

5/5 (or 6/5 I dunno)

I encourage others to read pages 644-645.  @RBHeadge PE's analysis makes sense, but so does @JayKay PE's.  I find it difficult to believe that @MadamPirate PE being mafia would cast the tie-breaking vote (and she was the last to vote) to lynch @chart94 and save RBhedge. 
To be fair, I included sources of uncertainty in my analysis. It is not airtight. I agree that @MadamPirate PE's behavior is more consistent with her prior townie behavior than it is with her prior mafia behavior. But the evidence is pointing in her direction. If new evidence arises then I will happily reevaluate.

Her vote for @chart94 can be viewed both ways. Either as one to save the JoAT, or one to deflect attention away from her. Her first vote away from me was to @squaretaper LIT AF PE, and that vote would not change the outcome of the final tally. She was active on the thread when I announced that I was the JoAT, it would have been suspicious had she not changed her vote to chart at that time. 

iswydt

To be fair, I included sources of uncertainty in my analysis. It is not airtight. I agree that @MadamPirate PE's behavior is more consistent with her prior townie behavior than it is with her prior mafia behavior. But the evidence is pointing in her direction. If new evidence arises then I will happily reevaluate.

Her vote for @chart94 can be viewed both ways. Either as one to save the JoAT, or one to deflect attention away from her. Her first vote away from me was to @squaretaper LIT AF PE, and that vote would not change the outcome of the final tally. She was active on the thread when I announced that I was the JoAT, it would have been suspicious had she not changed her vote to chart at that time. 
Once you came out as the JOAT, I changed my vote to chart to ensure you stayed alive. I'm still suspish of @squaretaper LIT AF PE, which is why I changed my vote to him after taking my vote away from you. It's a good thing I did vote for chart, as @JayKay PE's vote for you would have tied the two of you. Assuming, that is, that you actually are the JOAT. 

3/5

If the remaining JOAT could come forward and confirm/deny putting a motion on MP, then we could get this thing over with today.  
This would makes things much easier for everyone. We're not far from the endgame here. The personal risk to revealing is low. 

I think a lot could be cleared up with intel from the other JoaT. There are 9 players remaining, but only 1 more mafia. I suspect we can put our heads together and figure out who it is with some intel. .....  I don't think this is the case, but either way the JoaT revealing themselves and sharing their intel seems to be the play.
^this

How do you know the other JOAT is still alive?  Roar or NikR could have been the other JOAT, hence the reason they're not coming forward.
If the other JoAT is dead, then the motion detected on @MadamPirate PE is only from her killing @NikR_PE

So far I've been inclined to trust RB, but if he's lying and is mafia, not JoaT, then we definitely need the JoaT to reveal themselves to show he's lying.
I am being 💯 truthful here. 

I've been playing it straight since mid-August. I consciously decided to only play it straight in September. I'm not going to throw away that reputation. 

This would makes things much easier for everyone. We're not far from the endgame here. The personal risk to revealing is low. 

^this

If the other JoAT is dead, then the motion detected on @MadamPirate PE is only from her killing @NikR_PE
The thing is, when I'm mafia and you're not, I campaign to dead you ASAP because I know you're an analysis wizard. If I were the last mafia member, I would have come after you or JayKay, especially with how she's been knowing things this round. 

4/5

I think a lot could be cleared up with intel from the other JoaT. There are 9 players remaining, but only 1 more mafia. I suspect we can put our heads together and figure out who it is with some intel.
Remaining players:

@jean15paul_PE

@RBHeadge PE  - JoAT #1

@DuranDuran - townie via investigation;

@tj_PE 

@MadamPirate PEclaims to be not  JoAT

@JayKay PE  - townie via nightime save;

@txjennah PE

@LyceeFruit PE  - townie via investigation; 

@squaretaper LIT AF PE 

I've gone back a few pages and I don't see anyone else besides @MadamPirate PE  claiming they aren't the JoAT. Assuming that the other JoAT used an action every night, then duran and madam aren't joats.

If the other Joat is still alive, then the list of potential Joat #2 is: @jean15paul_PE, @tj_PE, @JayKay PE, @txjennah PE, @squaretaper LIT AF PE. Would anyone in that group like to volunteer that they aren't the Joat? Or that they are the joat? That would help clarify a lot. 

I really should have used tracker last night instead....

Note: Joat #1 and #2 designation is arbitrary above

The thing is, when I'm mafia and you're not, I campaign to dead you ASAP because I know you're an analysis wizard. If I were the last mafia member, I would have come after you or JayKay, especially with how she's been knowing things this round. 

4/5
Good point. And thanks... I think...

Remaining players:

@jean15paul_PE

@RBHeadge PE  - JoAT #1

@tj_PE 

@txjennah PE

@squaretaper LIT AF PE 

I've gone back a few pages and I don't see anyone else besides @MadamPirate PE  claiming they aren't the JoAT. Assuming that the other JoAT used an action every night, then duran and madam aren't joats.

If the other Joat is still alive, then the list of potential Joat #2 is: @jean15paul_PE, @tj_PE, @JayKay PE, @txjennah PE, @squaretaper LIT AF PE. Would anyone in that group like to volunteer that they aren't the Joat? Or that they are the joat? That would help clarify a lot. 

i am not joat

i also will echo my initial suspicion of square is still alive. can @ChebyshevII PE give an update of the vote when they get a chance for pavor

Remaining players:

@jean15paul_PE

@RBHeadge PE  - JoAT #1

@tj_PE 

@txjennah PE

@squaretaper LIT AF PE 

Hmmmm. Not sure that I like this.

The JoaT revealing themselves and providing intel would be very beneficial to everyone. 

Other people saying "I'm not JoaT" has the effect of revealing the JoaT but not giving us any intel. That would get the JoaT killed and then they can't share their intel.

Back