EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. IDK

2. This question implies an assumption about the Tracker role. Bear in mind that the tracker only learns if the targeted player used a night action, and on which player, and NOT if a night action was performed on them. Motion detector, on the other hand, can get a "yes" if the targeted player was either performing a night action or the target of a night action, but this isn't quite as useful. Therefore, I saw no problem allowing JoATs to use their actions on night 1.

3. N/A
thank you for clarifying the rules. My previous post was built on a different interpretations of the JOAT actions. I'm glad I'm learning this now on EB! So my post above are mostly moot points. 

1. IDK

2. This question implies an assumption about the Tracker role. Bear in mind that the tracker only learns if the targeted player used a night action, and on which player, and NOT if a night action was performed on them. Motion detector, on the other hand, can get a "yes" if the targeted player was either performing a night action or the target of a night action, but this isn't quite as useful. Therefore, I saw no problem allowing JoATs to use their actions on night 1.

3. N/A
At this point, I think it's only fair to acknowledge that there were, in fact, restrictions on the JoATs the first night. I told them specifically that audi would be immune to the doctor role, since this was a special case and it would have been an obvious mulligan for the town. Under normal gameplay, where there is no clue about whom would be killed first, the doctor would have been a longshot anyway.

At this point, I think it's only fair to acknowledge that there were, in fact, restrictions on the JoATs the first night. I told them specifically that audi would be immune to the doctor role, since this was a special case and it would have been an obvious mulligan for the town. Under normal gameplay, where there is no clue about whom would be killed first, the doctor would have been a longshot anyway.
Awesome.  So that means I was right in assuming you told the JoATs not to use the doctor skill.

Meaning that if the JoATs used either skill and it was a mafia player, they would have known.  So that means they had almost a 1 in 4 chance of choosing a mafia member the first night (assuming audi wasn't a mafia or a JoAT when killed).

I don't think duran is mafia/never implied they were.

Vhab is def mafia.  Noticeably silent now that I've called them out twice in a row.

Square says they're mafia, but most likely not.  Still not sure if they're kidding or not.

...This is exhausting being a townie.
I HAVE A JOB!  TRYING TO WRITE A OPINION OF PROBABLE CONSTRUCTION COST FOR AN RFP.  Meaning I have to tell them how much I think it is going to cost to build a thing I have not designed or even looked at the loading for.

Sigh.

Stahp picking on me!

I HAVE A JOB!  TRYING TO WRITE A OPINION OF PROBABLE CONSTRUCTION COST FOR AN RFP.  Meaning I have to tell them how much I think it is going to cost to build a thing I have not designed or even looked at the loading for.
How difficult can it be? Just reply back 

CornyLinedBilby-size_restricted.gif

/s

I would have, had I seen all the posts. Or, more specifically, seen them at separate times.  If I see them all at one time, I only respond to one, usually.

I will take one million dollars.
Just use:

For a warehouse, $10-12/sq. ft

For an office space:  $15-20/sq. ft

A complex renovation:  $25/sq. ft

Government project:  ONE MILLION DOLLARS

Okay.  Assuming both JoATs are still alive (technically, either @Audi driver, P.E. or @Roarbark could have been a JoAT), we've had two nights.

First night they could have used motion detector or tracker.  I'm assuming Chebs told them not to use doctor, since we all knew the audi was dying first.

If they used motion detector OR tracker on the first night and had a positive response (i.e., someone had motion or the tracker player used a night action), the person who was tracked or motion detector would pretty much be a confirmed mafia (since nobody else would be moving or need to be tacked, simple townies safe in their homes).  This is a big plus for the townies in Tournament play.

The second night gets interesting since it means the doctor role could have been put into play since you need to use the three skills before you can re-use.  So if someone used a doctor role it is possible that they could have been checked by the other JoAT and shown as using a night action/tracked and being mistake for a mafia.
If someone includes me and makes me a special role, I will definitely be sure to tell everyone what it is.

Back