EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yall are using the full functionality of Teams: Teams/channels, Chat, File collaboration, web meetings, video and audio calls, etc. 
If I remember correctly, Skype didn't do half that stuff. Just chat and meetings.

We're actually starting to largely get away from email because all correspondance is moving to Teams channels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yall are using the full functionality of Teams: Teams/channels, Chat, File collaboration, web meetings, video and audio calls, etc. 
If I remember correctly, Skype didn't do half that stuff. Just chat and meetings.

We're actually starting to largely get away from email because all correspondance is moving to Teams channels.
Aaahhh i see said the blind man!

No were just using it for chat and meetings.  Outlook still for emails.

I like Teams so far, but don't see much difference from Business Skype.

This plus GIFs.

We're using nearly every functionality of Teams but will maintain email for external communications.

I've been told specifically that we're not opening up the external sharing portions of Teams for document control concerns.

The GIF's have to be used carefully if the IT company hasn't blocked some of the more risky ones that are available.

6/5

We're using nearly every functionality of Teams but will maintain email for external communications.

I've been told specifically that we're not opening up the external sharing portions of Teams for document control concerns.

The GIF's have to be used carefully if the IT company hasn't blocked some of the more risky ones that are available.

6/5
Some of the GIFs are def NSFW.

My company hasn't blocked/limited them yet.

Aaahhh i see said the blind man!

No were just using it for chat and meetings.  Outlook still for emails.
If you're familiar with Slack (or Discord) Teams is basically that with better conversation threading.
Online file storage and collaboration (like Google Drive/Docs or Dropbox), but the files are connected to Channels or Chats
Online meetings (think webex, gotomeeting, etc)
Chat, calls (ala Skype)
online calendars
and of course it integrates with all of Microsoft's online products (office.com, etc)

The only gif I've used is the minion mic drop. And it was GLORIOUS!

8/5

minion-mic-drop.gif

9/5

and now it appears that Teams is having connection issues. Glad I was able to finish that last meeting when I did...

11/5

Back