EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure having to wear pantyhose would require me to wear pants not dresses.  Oh hell no, weddings, if they are in the winter, and maybe a job interview, but even then, I still think I would wear pants.
This all just sounds like it blows. We have wear for your day policy now. So no more button ups or collars required. AKA i have reverted back to my college days except i have to wear jeans not sweatpants and a sweatshirt. 

This all just sounds like it blows. We have wear for your day policy now. So no more button ups or collars required. AKA i have reverted back to my college days except i have to wear jeans not sweatpants and a sweatshirt. 
Our dress code is business casual, but sometimes I wear jeans and nobody says anything.  I have so many industrial clients that it would be tough to police it. 

Our dress code is business casual, but sometimes I wear jeans and nobody says anything.  I have so many industrial clients that it would be tough to police it
For everyone working from home. Do you still get dressed? Working in pajamas? or less?

My wife owns her own business and LOVES working from home in her PJ's all day. This is my first time working from home. I still feel the need to get ready just like I was going to the office. She thinks I'm weird.

My last job required business dress M-Th. Buttondown shirts at a minimum. Managers wore suits; among the workerbee men, half wore ties.

My current job is very business casual when in the office- just no shorts or jeans. Officially sneakers are forbidden but its not enforced.I don't work in an engineering division. However we are required to suit up when meeting with people outside our agency. Of the ~100 in my division, I'm one of three people who regularly wears a tie, and the other two people are also engineers.

For everyone working from home. Do you still get dressed? Working in pajamas? or less?

My wife owns her own business and LOVES working from home in her PJ's all day. This is my first time working from home. I still feel the need to get ready just like I was going to the office. She thinks I'm weird.
Today I actually put a dress on with my leggings. But I told the kids they had to get dressed today, so I figured I should too.

I still didn't comb my hair, but baby steps.

I usually wear a Hawaiian shirt when working from home.

Sometimes keeping a 'schedule' or 'outfit' for work keeps you in the zone.  When I worked from home/was in consulting, I still got dressed for the day.  Maybe I didn't do my makeup, but I'd wear something that was semi-presentable.  Made me 'pay attention' to my work and then, at the end of the day, I'd change and switch off work mode.

I feel like my office isn't business casual, but everyone does it?  So I went along with it?   There is nothing in our actual dress code manual that says we can't wear hoodies to work, so I have the past couple of days because I'm cold and hoodies make me happy.  It doesn't have offensive and/or inappropriate logos, so I think I'm good.  Shorts are def not allowed.  As for jeans...They say blue jeans are not acceptable, but then later on say "Jeans are defined by style, not by fabric.  Blue jeans will not be worn (Levis or 'urban' styling are examples of blue jeans".  So I don't know if this means I can wear my jeans that are blue/slim fit?  Either way, means that I might try and find a different colored pair of jeans during the next week or two.

I was all like "I'm gonna wear jeans when I wfh!" (since I don't wear jeans any other time except running errands/walking Moo on the weekends).

Yeah no. I've worn sweatpants every day. I mean I get up, I shower, brush my teeth, and put on sweats.

I don't wear PJ pants to bed so I've kept the same pattern of waking up. And we're still getting up at approximately the same time as we would if we had to go to the office. We both live pretty close to work - like 15min drive. 

You may have missed it but my actual dress pants are basically yoga pants (NY&Co) so this really isn't much different feeling for me.

I have given up on real bras and I'm wearing soft sports bras that are worthless for running. That's about the biggest difference lol 

@ChebyshevII PE didn’t make it. Their sandal got caught in the edge of the spinning teacup. And slowly their foot got wrenched between the cup and the platform. The effort required by the motor to do so caused the motors to overheat and explode.
Also why did it have to be the foot/ankle area? I guess I shouldn't be surprised; I have said my bum ankles would be the death of me one day.

Back