EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm attempting a dry January this year, because a lot of people mentioned it at my gym.  I've already made it through one meetup without drinking, but it was miserable (the one bar didn't serve regular drinks, only alcohol/spirits?).  I have another meetup again on Friday and...I mean, I think I'm going to drink just to fit in if I can't get soda.
don't cave!

it's always awful when places don't have options. I went to a meetup at a local brewery and my only option was only room temp tap water -___-

(no i don't expect breweries to have soda and such. but ice would have been nice)

look at the menu before you go, if they have mixed drinks, you can have them come up with an off-menu mocktail. i've done it before 

being sober is getting a lot more mainstream so it makes my life easier when i do out, i finally have options besides water & soda (which is always coke or diet coke and both make me feel gross). 

don't cave!

it's always awful when places don't have options. I went to a meetup at a local brewery and my only option was only room temp tap water -___-

(no i don't expect breweries to have soda and such. but ice would have been nice)

look at the menu before you go, if they have mixed drinks, you can have them come up with an off-menu mocktail. i've done it before 

being sober is getting a lot more mainstream so it makes my life easier when i do out, i finally have options besides water & soda (which is always coke or diet coke and both make me feel gross). 
YOU'VE BOOSTED MY SPIRITS.

I'm going to try and keep it going!  Doing a beer fest, hopefully, with @txjennah PE on February 1st (officially ending the dry month), so I can keep going.  As for a mocktail...I always feel so lame asking for that, but I might do that at whatever place we go to next.  I think I was just intimidated since the one bartender seemed like a jerk when I mentioned soda.  It's like...I want to give you guys money, but not for alcohol?  Can you work with me?

@LyceeFruit PE you're sober full-time, right?  I don't drink too much in general, tbh, since my family history has shown me how that would end, but it just feels so awkward to go do things with people where alcohol is the main driver.  Kudos to you!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️ 

i think it's such a dick move that drinking establishments give attitude toward NA bevvies! 

you don't know peoples stories and it shouldnt matter. DDs are a good thing!

I'm attempting a dry January this year, because a lot of people mentioned it at my gym.  I've already made it through one meetup without drinking, but it was miserable (the one bar didn't serve regular drinks, only alcohol/spirits?).  I have another meetup again on Friday and...I mean, I think I'm going to drink just to fit in if I can't get soda.

I'll be in this round, if someone wants.  I could mod in the next round or two, once I get my 'new' schedule in place, if anyone wants me to.  

As for last round, I had PMs going with around 4 or 5 different people.  Some knew I was the cop, some didn't, and some I 'combined' into one convo.  Lycee was one of the first suspects I had, since I PM'd them and they didn't respond.  I was messaging @txjennah PE through text and I think one of my first texts was something like, "I don't trust Roar or Lycee." I ignored me2, to be honest, since they were being fairly obvious about the alignment?  I 'revealed' myself the second day, hoping to push someones hand, but idk.  Playing the fake town drunk was fun, but that wasn't my original plan.  It was only after someone said that I was the town drunk is that I realized that I hadn't typed any text and that I technically could be the town drunk.  It actually made figuring out who was the 'real' drunk way easier since they were the only other player that had to follow the rules of no in-game text, but who could PM.
Yay, you're in! :D

i think it's such a dick move that drinking establishments give attitude toward NA bevvies! 

you don't know peoples stories and it shouldnt matter. DDs are a good thing!
I mean, I get that alcoholic drinks are more $$$$, but if you have someone who isn't drinking/is a DD, that means they will come and bring their friends more often to drink since it means they'll be entertained and stay as well?

I'm attempting a dry January this year, because a lot of people mentioned it at my gym.  I've already made it through one meetup without drinking, but it was miserable (the one bar didn't serve regular drinks, only alcohol/spirits?). 
Is this even legal? I don't know anything about Indiana's health codes or alcohol laws, but the basics are pretty universal. back in my health inspector days I had to enforce some of PA's regs, and that included that anyplace that sells alcohol must also sell "food" items. IIRC that included non-alcoholic beverages but I could be remembering wrong.

I 'revealed' myself the second day, hoping to push someones hand, but idk. 
tenor.gif

Back