EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
   So I legitimately just got back to the office after spending an all day field trip looking at contractor retardifications. Every time I get to feeling down on myself and my abilities as an engineer, I just go look at what my friends in the field are doing and realize that, in fact, I do fall higher on the socioeconomic/IQ scale than my friendly colleagues as I politely listen to their fart jokes through an approximate 60% ratio of remaining teeth. My favorite quote of the day, "On the drawings, you're calling out for strap ties at every PSL wood post to every girder. Do I really have to put those on?" Politely, I responded, "Yes, you hedonistic Ass Clown, of course you do!" <-- (This was in my mind, somehow I managed to just say "Yes." and move on. Still pondering exactly what an ass clown is too.)

@ChebyshevII_PE, I have chosen to officially un-friend @vhab49_PE due to the aforementioned unfounded accusations. Please consider this a formal announcement, @vhab49_PE. I can't even go to the field to make sure my construction friends aren't eating paint chips without being accused of "being too quiet." Funny thing is, I was actually hoping to get to be the mafioso this time, but I have the worst luck in the world. I could lose a coin toss 90% of the time by picking heads every time. It is like a bad luck demon has latched upon me. I did step on a mirror the other day. I can't imagine that helped.

@RBHeadge PE Sorry, Amigo. I voted for you last time because I had to protect my friend @tj_PE and considering everyone was tied at (1) vote and you made it with me to the big W last time.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure @leggo PE is mafia. She was awful fast to point fingers and doesn't seem very apologetic. 

@ChebyshevII_PE, I vote for @leggo PE
Well, I DID say that if anyone came forth with information that could sway my vote.... so be it. This is Mafia, cutthroat even among the structurals.

TRULY NOTHING PERSONAL THOUGH. 

Also, anyone notice we have a very large structural presence in this game>?

Well, I DID say that if anyone came forth with information that could sway my vote.... so be it. This is Mafia, cutthroat even among the structurals.

TRULY NOTHING PERSONAL THOUGH. 

Also, anyone notice we have a very large structural presence in this game>?
I used to think structural engineering was awesome. Then I got my first job. Now I'm sad.

Guys, for real. Do you honestly think someone would be that hard up to kick someone out of the game if they were straight shooting.

If you're truly a townie, you could prove yourself as such by joining me and voting for @AlmostSE.
I'd vote for @chart94 in a heartbeat if I suspected him. Just seems really fishy to be out for my blood because I pointed out a few accusations you made. (Ok, I did call you "Evil" but that is beside the point and is merely an estimation based upon my current experiences and interactions with you in a game in which I fully suspect you murdered @RBHeadge PE ) I was super thankful @RBHeadge made it through the round. At the time I voted for him, I had previously voted for @JayKay0914,  and I was the only vote for her. There was no sense changing my vote again after I definitively saw @JayKay0914 was being thrown overboard.

@Audi driver, P.E.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to think structural engineering was awesome. Then I got my first job. Now I'm sad.

Guys, for real. Do you honestly think someone would be that hard up to kick someone out of the game if they were straight shooting.

I'd vote for @chart94 in a heartbeat if I suspected him. Just seems really fishy to be out for my blood because I pointed out a few accusations you made. (Ok, I did call you "Evil" but that is beside the point and is merely an estimation based upon my current experiences and interactions with you in a game in which I fully suspect you murdered @RBHeadge PE ) I was super thankful @RBHeadge made it through the round. At the time I voted for him, I had previously voted for @JayKay0914,  and I was the only vote for her. There was no sense changing my vote again after I definitively saw @JayKay0914 was being thrown overboard.
But then @RBHeadge PE got ded in the night.  Coincidence?

There's definitely tension in this ring. Hope we designed using the appropriate phi factor.

I can see that I made a mistake in trying to lynch RB yesterday. It was a random choice that turned out to now make me look guilty. But I do believe I have already apologized for voting for him yesterday. Let's see if I can find that post.

By the way, I'm now upset that I voted for @RBHeadge PE. I really did choose him to be different. Clearly, he was a Target for the mafia. This probably makes me look like I'm a part of the mafia. I don't know if there's any use in me saying I'm not, but I'm a regular old townsperson through and through.
Well, I didn't quite apologize, but I did write this.

Which brings a total of (6) votes to this little soiree, by my count. [Full disclosure, I've failed SE lateral (4) times now so I am not actually sure I can count.]
I think you can count.  You probably got tripped up by a footnote or a factor.  F-ing factors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back