EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought we were friends!
8dsR.gif

*edit* - I just realized this gif is ultra-serious looking.  Obviously, JK is not that serious.  XD

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this to say in my defense:

-You probably shouldn't vote me off.
-My vote for @squaretaper PE was a shot in the dark that @LyceeFruit benefited from. Note that I was one of the first to vote anyway. Knowing what I know about her mafia connections, I didn't vote for him this time since he's clearly not mafia.  
-Super convenient that @jean15paul_PE wasn't anywhere yesterday but is now trying to draw a link between me and @LyceeFruit

I have this to say in my defense:

-You probably shouldn't vote me off.
-My vote for @squaretaper PE was a shot in the dark that @LyceeFruit benefited from. Note that I was one of the first to vote anyway. Knowing what I know about her mafia connections, I didn't vote for him this time since he's clearly not mafia.  
-Super convenient that @jean15paul_PE wasn't anywhere yesterday but is now trying to draw a link between me and @LyceeFruit
Don't worry, @jean15paul_PE has found himself on the hot seat too.

ok, so I'm going to write this analysis as if I were a neutral third party observer. I sort feel that way because I've been so busy with RL work, and helping out the waiting no0bz.

This analysis uses the best available public knowledge as of noon today. I will not (read: can't) include anything that may or may not have been going on outside of this thread.

mafia = lycee; not mafia = cheb . The roles of the other players are unknown at this time.

I will assume that the mafia behaves rationally, insofar as they wouldn't vote for one of their own when it mattered.

So here's my analysis of yesterday's vote:

first vote: 

cheb votes for square; cheb was not mafia so assume this was a blind shot. No determination can be made about any player

second vote:

leggo votes for lycee; Since lycee is mafia, and mafia wouldn't put one of their own in a position to be eliminated, lets call leggo=not mafia

third vote:

txjen votes square; Below I'll show that square is not mafia, but in this case and time, we can't confirm that txjen knew this (she could be townie taking a random shot, or mafia protecting mafia), so txjen=?

fourth vote

tj votes txjen; at this moment there is nothing in the public sphere which by itself that can be inferred from this vote.

fifth vote

square votes lycee; mafia won't put one of their own in a position to be eliminated - which is what this vote will do, so square=not mafia

sixth vote

lycee votes square; no new conclusions

seventh vote

tj changes vote to lycee; mafia won't put one of their own in a position to be eliminated - which this vote has the potential to do, so tj=not mafia

eighth vote

rb votes lycee; mafia won't vote out one of their own, this is a tiebreaking vote under any cicumstance so rb=not mafia 

ninth vote

bly votes jean; nothing can be cleanly inferred from this vote

tenth vote

cheb changes vote to lycee; OBE

So based on this sequence of events. We can confirm without a cop that the following players are not mafia:

leggo, square, tj, rb

Everyone else is still a question mark

Based on the above, the narrative that txjen is providing is consistent with her being a townie who took a random shot. However it is also consistent with the theory that she was mafia and trying to protect her fellow mafiosa lycee. Either theory is valid using logical inference. One would have to use other, potentially less reliable, methods to make a determination on txjen's motives for her vote and her role in the game.

I am on my phone so if someone could fact check me I believe I have 

@txjennah PE - 4 votes

@jean15paul_PE -2 votes and 

@NikR_PE - 1 vote
Okay, I went back and fact-checked you, and this is what I found:

@txjennah PE: 4 (voted for by: @jean15paul_PE, @leggo PE, @tj_PE, and @RBHeadge PE)

@NikR_PE: 1 (voted for by @blybrook PE)

@jean15paul_PE: 2 (voted for by @txjennah PE and @squaretaper PE)

@blybrook PE: 1 (voted for by @Roarbark)

In summary, I think you missed Roarbark's vote for blybrook. Vote is recorded here: 

Didn't have to wait 8-10 weeks for results?

@chart94 I vote for @blybrook PE for targeting non-voting people like me.
Also "This is subject to change as today's thread continues."

Back