EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@NikR had finally returned from an overseas trip in an attempt to purchase a new yacht that he would be able to moor his smaller 'day-yacht' to.  Upon stepping from their car, the first thing they noticed was...the lack of neighbors.  Where was @tj_PE, running a sub-6 minute mile?  Where was @blybrook PE's loud pop-centric music that was always playing from their garage when they worked out?  Hell, even @chart94's customary yelling during football season was missing.

"This...is odd."  They said out loud, turning in a circle, also noting the lack of lights on at any of the surrounding homes.  As they turned back, ready to grab the gifts in their back seat, they paused at the crunch of a shoe on gravel.  Jerking up, because the silence was creepy even when you were in such an influential neighborhood like this, they relaxed when they saw one of their oldest friends.

"Ah, @ChebyshevII PE, what's going on?" @NikR asked, turning back to the bags, "I didn't hear from you during my trip.  You didn't call like you usually do.  How are things?" They rambled, rooting through some crinkly plastic.  When @ChebyshevII PE didn't answer they stopped, a shiver causing a line of hair to stand up the length of their back.

When they stood to see where they friend was, they jolted when @ChebyshevII PE was much, much, closer than they were when they first approached.  Something seemed...off in their friend. 

"Are...are you okay?"

Without warning, @ChebyshevII PE surged forward, an ice skate gripped in their hand.

@NikRcried out in alarm when a huge gouge was taken out from the side of their car, that special edition cost soooo much money, which quickly turned into a cry of pain when the blade was twisted to follow its own trajectory into their softer side.  A struggle ensued when @NikR slammed their foot into @ChebyshevII PE's knee, remembering  an old golfing injury, causing the other to fall to ground.

As @NikR sprinted away, @RBHeadge PE and @vhab49_PE came from the other direction, both expressions blossoming in alarm: one due to @NikR's injuries, the other due to realizing that @ChebyshevII PE has been chasing, and gaining, on @NikR.

@vhab49_PE vaulted towards the limping @ChebyshevII PE, slamming an elbow into their nose with a satisfying crunch and following it with a foot hooked behind the already obscenely bulging knee.  As @ChebyshevII PE fell to the ground with a solid thump, @vhab49_PE tackled the rest of their body flat, slapping cuffs around their wrists as @ChebyshevII PE continued to struggle in silence.

"What happened to him?  Nothing seemed wrong?  His instagram didn't hint anything was wrong!"  Wailed @NikR as @RBHeadge PE applied pressure on their wound.

Once it was confirmed the slash hadn't nicked any vital organs, @RBHeadge PE sighed and sat back on their heels.  "We weren't sure what was going on.  People kept disappearing...all @ChebyshevII PE's fault, of course," they said quickly.  A deep breath was taken before they continued, "When @vhab49_PE told me their suspicions, we went to @ChebyshevII PE's house to confront  them before they struck again.  While there...We found Nestle water."

@NikR gasped in horror.  No!  Everyone in the top 1% of this country knew what would happen if they drank bottled water that was under $8 a bottle!

"Exactly."  @RBHeadge PE looked over to where @vhab49_PE was wrestling a dead-weight @ChebyshevII PE onto their feet.  "We can only hope they'll get treatment and turn into the friend we used to know."

As @vhab49_PE walked off with @ChebyshevII PE, and the survivors wondered where they had gone wrong, what they could have done differently to save some of their friends, @NikRhad to ask, "Does this mean I can use @ChebyshevII PE's dock space?"

@ChebyshevII PE was a mafia member (aka: a townie who made the poor mistake of drinking cheap bottled water).

The remaining players are:

@RBHeadge PE (the doctor), @NikR, @vhab49_PE (the cop, again!) and @MadamPirate

The final vote was:

3 @ChebyshevII PE

1 @RBHeadge PE

1 @NikR

TOWNIES WIN.

This was a lot of fun modding!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job.  How did you know I was the cop?

You were the first person to vote for a mafioso, which strongly implies you weren't mafia. The timing of your vote was also consistent with when the cop (typically) learns the status of someone who is the target of their investigation. That's why I protected you that first night.

Next day I reached out. Worst case scenario: I admitted to a townie that I was the doctor. Still no risk to me or the townies as a whole.

You were the first person to vote for a mafioso, which strongly implies you weren't mafia. The timing of your vote was also consistent with when the cop (typically) learns the status of someone who is the target of their investigation. That's why I protected you that first night.

Next day I reached out. Worst case scenario: I admitted to a townie that I was the doctor. Still no risk to me or the townies as a whole.
Clever.  Veeeerrrry clever.  

@JayKay PE awesome modding!

Back