EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you cant be all clever with me when i'm under this kind of stress

i had a regression in my feelings of okayness and safety last night.

first, dreaming that i was making out with dave grohl. totes cool

woke up to pee

saw that someone on my street 10 blocks away got their whole house robbed this weekend

fell back asleep 

dream about seeing some people fleeing a scene of some sort, they notice me, threaten me with a gun as i was trying to call police. i drop phone and hold hands up terrified, they covered my windows with black sheets from the outside? then i woke up. like wtf?

woke up to pee

saw that someone on my street 10 blocks away got their whole house robbed this weekend

fell back asleep 

dream about seeing some people fleeing a scene of some sort, they notice me, threaten me with a gun as i was trying to call police. i drop phone and hold hands up terrified, they covered my windows with black sheets from the outside? then i woke up. like wtf?
Holy crap. Scary...

woke up to pee

fell back asleep 

Yikes.  That is some cazy stuff.  

woke up to pee

fell back asleep 

Need more alcohol.

Joking. don't self medicate like that.

Random but related. I just quit ADT and installed a Ring alarm system. So far so good.
We've had one for several months now.  Only issues are one back door sensor that is occasionally uncooperative, and the motion sensors are too sensitive for big dogs even turned down all the way.  Consequently, the only time we ever set the system to anything other than "home and armed" is when we go on vacation and when the dogs are at the sitters.  If we ever switch to the 24/7 monitoring, we'll have to just deactivate the motion sensors entirely.  I still want to add two hardwired floodlight cameras.

We've had one for several months now.  Only issues are one back door sensor that is occasionally uncooperative, and the motion sensors are too sensitive for big dogs even turned down all the way.  Consequently, the only time we ever set the system to anything other than "home and armed" is when we go on vacation and when the dogs are at the sitters.  If we ever switch to the 24/7 monitoring, we'll have to just deactivate the motion sensors entirely.  I still want to add two hardwired floodlight cameras.
I have Swann wireless cameras at my parent's house and mine. I've been really impressed with the night vision and general reliability for the price.

Back