EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, I've got some stories about that from my health inspector days! Plenty of 'true-crime' material for at least a couple rounds.

Alright quickpoll:
(1) Food Truck Wars
(2) Old School Mafia Sports Fixing
Why not both? Mafia fix games and drive from stadium to stadium disguised as vendors in a food truck. Dissenters die from food poisoning.

Why not both?

giphy.gif

Why not both? Mafia fix games and drive from stadium to stadium disguised as vendors in a food truck. Dissenters die from food poisoning.
Sort of reminds me of the Chinatown Bus Wars. Which actually involved organized crime and murder.

If I'm doing a Food Truck Wars (FTW) series. I'm basing it off of my real experiences as a Philly Health Inspector 15+ years ago. I saw some **** back then, some it funny, some of it sad, often times literal: ****. I don't have to make up contrived stories about overpriced artisanal food and cranky self-entitled customers. It's gonna be 💯 RL experience.

thumb_oh-you-think-darkness-is-your-ally-but-you-merely-27496068.png

MAFIA - FOOD TRUCK WARS

Welcome to The Jungle

The theme this round in Food Truck Wars. The theme is based on my real experience as a Philly Health Inspector over 15 years ago. The scenarios I'll describe are based on actual inspections and experiences with vendors licensees (food trucks and temporary feeding sites). Obviously the names will be anonymized and some of the TFS will be converted into food trucks. The overall narrative is loosely tied to the "Ice Cream Truck Wars of 2004". The underlying violations are 100% true, although the final dispositions will be changed to fit the story narrative. I saw some real **** back then so the foodies out there should consider themselves forewarned.

The game will start Today Wednesday, October 6th. Lynching will be allowed on the first day. Mafia can nightkill the first night.

The Mafia members are going to privately tell me who they would like to eliminate during the night. I will reveal to everyone what happened the next morning with some delightful storytelling.

During the day, everybody (townsfolk and Mafia) will publicly vote for a person to eliminate; I will eliminate the person with the most votes at the end of the day and reveal what their role was. Tie-breakers will be decided by the mod/randomizer. The game ends when all the mafia have been eliminated (town wins), or if there are equal or more mafia than town (Mafia wins).

In addition to regular townsfolk and members of the Mafia, there are the following special roles:
  • Cop – May investigate one player each night with no limit to number of investigations. The cop is only told whether their target is townie or mafia (no special role indicated; only alignment). If the Mafia Spy is targeted, the investigation will show up as “Townie.”
  • Doctor – May choose to save one person each night (no limit). May not choose the same person two nights in a row.
  • Mafia Spy – Tries to find the cop each night. The spy does not initially know who the mafia are, and the mafia do not know who their spy is. If the spy is investigated by the cop, the spy shows up as a “Townie.” The spy may investigate one player each day, with the investigation showing up as “Cop” or “Not the cop.” Note: Since the spy is on the mafia team, they also get to vote during the nightkill, so it would be prudent for the "known" mafia members to all vote in agreement to prevent any ties/no nightkills. This also creates incentive for the spy to get in touch with the rest of the mafia members (publicly or privately) as soon as possible. The spy and the mafia will be connected on the third morning (FRIDAY OCT 8).
The Mafia members (but NOT the Mafia Spy) know who each other are, but no one knows anyone else’s role except me. Each player has received a PM from me with their alignment and role. If you did not receive a PM from me, you are a regular townie.

Standard EB-mafia game rules apply which means PMing is allowed!

Please keep all trash talk in the thread and don’t take things too seriously!

You may use this thread to vote and post about the game. Anyone (playing or not playing, eliminated or not) can use this thread to speculate, discuss, accuse, or otherwise participate in the game; just please make sure to follow regular EB forum guidelines.

To vote on a person to eliminate, mention me @RBHeadge PE and tell me specifically that 1) you are voting and 2) the username of the person you are voting to eliminate.

Please submit your votes by 9:00 PM EST/8:00 PM Central/7:00 PM Mountain/6:00 PM Pacific Time/Whatever Roar and Bly-time ; I will count votes after that time as being for the next day.

Your vote only counts if you are playing and not yet eliminated. If there is a tie for most votes, I will pick one of the voted users at random. If there are no votes, I will pick a person at random (i.e. role will not matter) to eliminate; suffice it to say it’s in both groups’ best interest to vote for at least one person.

Finally, you are not allowed to reveal your role, privately or publicly, after you have been eliminated. You may not post screengrabs of private messages in this thread.

For reference, the 13 players in this round are:

@DuranDuran PE @jean15paul_PE @BlueBlueprint_PE @NikR_PE @ChebyshevII PE @Dothracki PE @SaltySteve PE @djl PE @chart94 @beccabun PE @squaretaper LIT AF PE @JayKay PE @txjennah PE

Last edited:
Back