EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
200.gif

Or maybe if Salty in mafia, having a baby helps him to see the light, and he becomes a good guy
Hmmm...maybe we could make him a special role. My thoughts on previous round:

• Had the cop and mayor not been eliminated the 1st day, the townies were probably overpowered and might have won. The last round was still pretty close in spite of town losing their cop on Day 1. So maybe it was balanced and the only adjustment is to eliminate the mayor role.
  • The troublemaker role came in handy and allowed the townies to stay in the game. @BlueBlueprint_PE made effective use of the role, staying alive long enough to gather enough info to lynch 2 mafias.
  • The mayor role should probably be eliminated, unless maybe it's known only to the mod.
  • Without the cop, the doc was left guessing blind so the doc was rendered ineffective early, but the town still made a good game of it. Day 3 was the turning point. Mafia started out with 2 votes (1 each) against them, with @jean15paul_PE making a strong case against @RBHeadge PE , but no one else listened and @RBHeadge PE made a convincing case against @FlangeheadPEAZ and everyone piled on.
  • Had the cop not been eliminated on Day 1, the mafia spy still knew who the cop was (again from Day 1), so the mafia pretty much had the round in the bag regardless. If the cop survived and built a coalition, @Dothracki PE was poised to provide a wealth of info to his homies since he survived long enough to be revealed.
  • Maybe the mafia boss could be altered: Instead of providing the mafia with 2 night kills, if the mafia boss dies, they don't get 2 night kills. Instead, one of the town voters against the boss randomly gets re-assigned to the mafia. It's up to the townies to figure out who it is.

With 12 players I'm thinking of a 9T-3M composition.
PMs allowed
Cop, Doc, Mafia Spy

I still need a theme.
With 12 players I'm tempted to redo the Hunger Games Round. In which case I'd include the District 13 spy merely as a means of not making it a free-for-all.

I don't want to do the pet themed round yet. I'm still trying to figure out the backstory without involving animal cruelty. If I ever mod that round, I will mandate that all posts include some king of pet or animal pic.

Any other requests?

I'm sure we can get one more player (if needed).

Possible themes:

1. Some kind of Halloween theme (unless it's too early). If too early, I can mod one when we get closer to Halloween. I have an idea for one. You can use it if you don't want to do Hunger Games, but I really enjoyed your HG round.
2. Baseball playoffs round, perhaps even Chicago "Black Sox"-ish with mafia controlling the Vegas Odds market. I dunno.
3. Mass internet outage/apocalypse theme. A theme where millennials struggle to learn how to use old technology, such as land line/rotary phones, tape players/recorders, actual maps instead of GPS, trying to read handwritten letters, using the dictionary, etc.
4. "Dark" theme (Netflix series). Each player has a past, present, and future self, but only one of the three is the true "origin" self. A player is only eliminated when their "origin" self is eliminated.

PMs allowed
Cop, Doc, Mafia Spy

I still need a theme.
With 12 players I'm tempted to redo the Hunger Games Round. In which case I'd include the District 13 spy merely as a means of not making it a free-for-all.

I don't want to do the pet themed round yet. I'm still trying to figure out the backstory without involving animal cruelty. If I ever mod that round, I will mandate that all posts include some king of pet or animal pic.

Any other requests?
I'm sure we can get one more player (if needed).

Possible themes:

1. Some kind of Halloween theme (unless it's too early). If too early, I can mod one when we get closer to Halloween. I have an idea for one. You can use it if you don't want to do Hunger Games, but I really enjoyed your HG round.
2. Baseball playoffs round, perhaps even Chicago "Black Sox"-ish with mafia controlling the Vegas Odds market. I dunno.
3. Mass internet outage/apocalypse theme. A theme where millennials struggle to learn how to use old technology, such as land line/rotary phones, tape players/recorders, actual maps instead of GPS, trying to read handwritten letters, using the dictionary, etc.
4. "Dark" theme (Netflix series). Each player has a past, present, and future self, but only one of the three is the true "origin" self. A player is only eliminated when their "origin" self is eliminated.
IF you don't get any other takers, I can be in if you need a 13th.

1. Some kind of Halloween theme (unless it's too early). If too early, I can mod one when we get closer to Halloween. I have an idea for one.

I like this idea. Pretty easy to find horror movie gifs to make it work. sounds like you've already got a plan so I'll defer that one to you.

You can use it if you don't want to do Hunger Games, but I really enjoyed your HG round.

I'd actually prefer to hold off on the HG round a little bit longer. I want to do something big for that round, and I need to really think through the game mechanics.
Maybe something in late November/early December when we get the inject of new players waiting during the suck?

As an elder millenial I'm not sure this stereotype applies. I definitely remember doing all of those things and could adapt if need be. It's still a good idea for a future round!

I think this is the winner. I can write up an 'old school' mafia theme round involving sports fixing.

PMs allowed
Cop, Doc, Mafia Spy

I still need a theme.

Any other requests?
Feuding food truck theme.

Back