EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Each district provides resources to "The Capitol" in exchange for protection from the Capitol's army of "Peacekeepers". The resources are listed below, along with location.

View attachment 23013
WAIT. IT'S BASED IN THE USA. WHAT.

I need to read this now. I got to get on libby, return all my cheesy romance novels, and start reading YA dystopian books that I'm supposedly 10-years behind on.

... that makes you lean career. *squints* Those careers were always cleaner and sexier than the other districts.
Oh so you're trying to say that Woody Harrelson isn't sexy????
hqdefault.jpg

I need to read this now. I got to get on libby, return all my cheesy romance novels, and start reading YA dystopian books that I'm supposedly 10-years behind on.
I just finished a Jack Reacher novel. I usually do the libby/library downloads since it's free, but I promised myself I'd splurge and get the Game of Thrones audiobooks as a reward for passing the exam. I haven't done it yet, but maybe I'll download for our road trip next week.

Also that map enrages me because the districts aren't in order, or I'm not reading it correctly. WHY IS DISTRICT 12 NEXT TO DISTRICT 8 AND 3?!?!?!?
You're throwing out hints that you're from the "confused" district, except there's no such district.

Day 2 Notes:

1. The doctor/martyr should pay attention to a few clues given out by tributes as to whom to protect.
2. Hopefully the cop has started a town coalition. I volunteer to be investigated. I'm a townie, but if there's a suspected mafia, investigate them first.
3. I'm looking at yesterday's day votes and nightkill as complete randomness. Not much can be derived here.

I found the audiobook available in my digital library so I'm just going to put that on in the background for work today on 1.2xspeed

WAIT. IT'S BASED IN THE USA.
More or less. It's loosely implied that includes part of Mexico and Canada.
Also that map enrages me because the districts aren't in order, or I'm not reading it correctly. WHY IS DISTRICT 12 NEXT TO DISTRICT 8 AND 3?!?!?!?
There are other fan made maps with more amorphous boundaries. The borders were never written into canon, so much as implied by generalized geography. It's not really important to the story either. The numbering is based on proximity to the Capitol - and that is important to the story.

FWIW, the Capitol is strongly implied to be in Colorado (i.e. Denver) given the mountains and fresh water. But IIRC that has more to do with its "resilience" to sea level rise and post-apocalyptic defensibility than any subtle political message.

More or less. It's loosely implied that includes part of Mexico and Canada.

There are other fan made maps with more amorphous boundaries. The borders were never written into canon, so much as implied by generalized geography. It's not really important to the story either. The numbering is based on proximity to the Capitol - and that is important to the story.

FWIW, the Capitol is strongly implied to be in Colorado (i.e. Denver) given the mountains and fresh water. But IIRC that has more to do with its "resilience" to sea level rise and post-apocalyptic defensibility than any subtle political message.
True. The map I showed previously was based on state borders, which doesn't make sense since the United States ceased to exist long before Panem was established. The map below is probably more accurate, but again, the actual borders aren't as important as the numbering.

Panem Map.PNG

Back