EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@RBHeadge PE I place a spiteful placeholder vote on @BlueBlueprint_PE because they voted for me and hurt my feelings.
Haven't we moved past this? Someone, may have been you, said you gain more information from a tie. I saw there was an opportunity to create a tie and generate more information and I took it. It was the equivalent of changing a third party vote to a primary party vote because it was wasted and you get to stir the pot a bit. I think I had voted for Roarbark and that was the only Roar vote so I changed it to join the 2 person battle and create a tie. Vote for me if you'd like but I've been pretty open in this game.
ouch .... that seems a little uncalled for.... not trying to hurt feelings.... just playing the cards i see.... and i'm new and have no idea what i'm doing...
:LOL::(:oops:

ouch .... that seems a little uncalled for.... not trying to hurt feelings.... just playing the cards i see.... and i'm new and have no idea what i'm doing...
:LOL::(:oops:
haha, sorry if that came off a little dramatic. I also have no idea what I'm doing, but I did read your message after 2 bad news phone calls at work and may have overreacted. Apologies.

Oooh, a fellow non-engineer undergrad! What did you study instead?
Bachelors in sociology (I had literally no idea what I wanted to do but I was tired of being the math nerd and had an academic/athletic scholarship and sociology was basically general studies with a few extra sociology/psychology classes), then I graduated and realized how worthless a bachelors in sociology is so I got a masters in Exercise Science/Kinesiology and coached my college track team for 2 years with the intent of being a personal trainer and track coach...then I graduated and found out what personal trainers make and how long it takes to become a head track coach so I worked a couple of years in social work and got accepted for my PHD in physical therapy- but had to take my level 200 science courses. While going back to school for that I took a BS job in a construction lab and loved it, made manager at a competing company the following year and realized I'd been fooling myself that I wasn't going to have a math-based career so I got my MCE and moved to the midwest.

Bachelors in sociology (I had literally no idea what I wanted to do but I was tired of being the math nerd and had an academic/athletic scholarship and sociology was basically general studies with a few extra sociology/psychology classes), then I graduated and realized how worthless a bachelors in sociology is so I got a masters in Exercise Science/Kinesiology and coached my college track team for 2 years with the intent of being a personal trainer and track coach...then I graduated and found out what personal trainers make and how long it takes to become a head track coach so I worked a couple of years in social work and got accepted for my PHD in physical therapy- but had to take my level 200 science courses. While going back to school for that I took a BS job in a construction lab and loved it, made manager at a competing company the following year and realized I'd been fooling myself that I wasn't going to have a math-based career so I got my MCE and moved to the midwest.
Holy smokes, what a story! Neat!

It gets shorter every time I tell it. What did you major in?
It's been covered in one of the SPAM threads (but always fun to repeat, plus that was pre-Eyehate): I majored in English & French (idiot), worked as bike mechanic (not ambitious), was broke AF (got desperate), then became instrumentation technician (get semi-smart), then got MS in mechanical. All told...took 9 years.

I'm enjoying all the non-traditional stories to get to engineering. Makes me feel a little better about my life choices.

haha, sorry if that came off a little dramatic. I also have no idea what I'm doing, but I did read your message after 2 bad news phone calls at work and may have overreacted. Apologies.
I feel ya... I posted shortly before leaving for the office, while trying to locate my access card - found it thankfully! - so, i get it. :) i can't tell you how many work emails i've started and had to completely delete to keep it prof...sometimes it just feels good to get it out. even if it's doesn't go anywhere.

Back