EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also not at all related to this thread but I guess I feel I know you guys more that people on the other thread lol...So on the PE exam result thread many had recommended me to get the EET binder and on demand classes for my April try. I wanted to see if EET is really that good and helpful or its because I see thousands of ads on the EB forum site for it that people recommending it. I did take some local classes here and have a binder for that wondering if it was all worth it to get another binder. I am not sure how much of the classes I am going to be watching this time. I feel I need more practice. Already have ten books including CERM and practice books etc
I passed the exam in October after failing 5x. First 3x I did nothing but practice exams- changed from geotech to construction on take 3. Then I the Ultimate Civil PE Review Course and it was really not great, but I paid for a full year access to I tried twice using that as my guide. Then I took EET and it was a game changer. I never got a bachelors in engineering, I got a masters in engineering and the base level courses were condensed into one hyper accelerated review trimester that I passed but did not retain any information rom. EET explained it really well and the book is phenomenal. I wish I'd tried them years ago.

I just saw that: Allegheny County. I mean, yeah, the map says its Maryland... but I'm not sure I even consider that Maryland, I'm not sure the residents acknowledge it as Maryland either. It's basically West Virginia out there.
I'm originally from Washington County, Maryland. I tell everyone I'm from the edge of civilization. An hour from Baltimore and DC, half an hour from Deliverance.

I'm originally from Washington County, Maryland. I tell everyone I'm from the edge of civilization. An hour from Baltimore and DC, half an hour from Deliverance.
That sounds about right. Except it's probably 2+ hours with traffic ;) I worked with some guys that would commute in from Hagerstown everyday.

i actually have to drive in to the office today. the first time since ???and i have no idea where my access card is... luckily i can have someone let me in... but still.

as a placeholder.... @RBHeadge PE I vote for @EyehatethePEexam ... the switch of votes back on day 2? ish that resulted in a tie seems sus.

Also not at all related to this thread but I guess I feel I know you guys more that people on the other thread lol...So on the PE exam result thread many had recommended me to get the EET binder and on demand classes for my April try. I wanted to see if EET is really that good and helpful or its because I see thousands of ads on the EB forum site for it that people recommending it. I did take some local classes here and have a binder for that wondering if it was all worth it to get another binder. I am not sure how much of the classes I am going to be watching this time. I feel I need more practice. Already have ten books including CERM and practice books etc
I used them too. For me time was very limited so that folder allowed me to focus on the important stuff without having to scour through textbooks. I toom the structural depth but i dont do any design for work. The course also covered all the relevant code stuff so I didnt have to read the entire code.

So I used EET for the last paper/pencil environmental exam, and I highly recommend it. What is your discipline? I took the WRE course with Nazrul since I don't deal with water resources/water treatment in my day-to-day work and was really weak in it. He is fantastic and having that binder was really helpful. You also get to take several practice exams during the course. I really attribute that course for helping me pass (on the third try, haha!)
I will be giving it in WRE.

That sounds about right. Except it's probably 2+ hours with traffic ;) I worked with some guys that would commute in from Hagerstown everyday.
I was from 20 minutes west of Hagerstown, college in Westminster and first house in Frederick. DC to Frederick was 45 minutes with no traffic, 6+ hours on Friday evenings and Sundays. I tell everyone in Wisconsin they can never complain to me about traffic.

Great all your comments helped me so I am going to go ahead and take the on demand course for the breadth portion. I think I should wait to buy the depth portion and first try get through breadth.

i actually have to drive in to the office today. the first time since ???and i have no idea where my access card is... luckily i can have someone let me in... but still.

as a placeholder.... @RBHeadge PE I vote for @EyehatethePEexam ... the switch of votes back on day 2? ish that resulted in a tie seems sus.
Haven't we moved past this? Someone, may have been you, said you gain more information from a tie. I saw there was an opportunity to create a tie and generate more information and I took it. It was the equivalent of changing a third party vote to a primary party vote because it was wasted and you get to stir the pot a bit. I think I had voted for Roarbark and that was the only Roar vote so I changed it to join the 2 person battle and create a tie. Vote for me if you'd like but I've been pretty open in this game.

Haven't we moved past this? Someone, may have been you, said you gain more information from a tie. I saw there was an opportunity to create a tie and generate more information and I took it. It was the equivalent of changing a third party vote to a primary party vote because it was wasted and you get to stir the pot a bit. I think I had voted for Roarbark and that was the only Roar vote so I changed it to join the 2 person battle and create a tie. Vote for me if you'd like but I've been pretty open in this game.
@RBHeadge PE I place a spiteful placeholder vote on @BlueBlueprint_PE because they voted for me and hurt my feelings.

Great all your comments helped me so I am going to go ahead and take the on demand course for the breadth portion. I think I should wait to buy the depth portion and first try get through breadth.
I only took the breadth with EET and that book was still my primary resource for the depth. You're making a wise choice.

I passed the exam in October after failing 5x. First 3x I did nothing but practice exams- changed from geotech to construction on take 3. Then I the Ultimate Civil PE Review Course and it was really not great, but I paid for a full year access to I tried twice using that as my guide. Then I took EET and it was a game changer. I never got a bachelors in engineering, I got a masters in engineering and the base level courses were condensed into one hyper accelerated review trimester that I passed but did not retain any information rom. EET explained it really well and the book is phenomenal. I wish I'd tried them years ago.
Well my undergrad was in Biotechnology and not Civil I understand lol

Back